Bye Bye C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VikJ

Car
2014 W246 B180CDi AMG Line Premium
Well, off I went to a Honda Dealer this afternoon and part-ex'd the C Class for a Shiny 2001 Civic Type-R which I pick up next Saturday. Can't wait!! :D

The A Class is still on the drive, so I am still a fully fledged MBClub member! :bannana:

VikJ said:
Well, off I went to a Honda Dealer this afternoon and part-ex'd the C Class for a Shiny 2001 Civic Type-R which I pick up next Saturday. Can't wait!! :D

The A Class is still on the drive, so I am still a fully fledged MBClub member! :bannana:
m8 - if I had an A Class sitting around, I'd do the same ! Good choice of car . . . Respect :rock:

Just a minute - it is Silver, isn't it ? (Red is also allowed!)

S.

Sym, of course its silver!!! How could I part-ex my Silver C200 and not replace it? My life wouldn't be complete!!! :bannana:

KillerHertz, due to it depreciating like a lead baloon, I couldn't sit by and lose any more money than I have on it already. Even though its a C200 Sport with a pretty good list of options, I've lost over £2k on it in 12 months. Unfortunately, I can't afford a W203 and didn't really want to get another W202 and the Type-R caught my eye and decided to go with it.

VikJ said:
Type-R caught my eye and decided to go with it.
It will catch your insurers eyes as well, I'm afraid . . . but worth every penny . . . especially at 8500 rpm :D

S.

sym said:
It will catch your insurers eyes as well, I'm afraid . . . but worth every penny . . . especially at 8500 rpm :D

S.

Wasn't too bad at an extra £160.

The 8500 RPM is nice, but the lurch at 6k when the VTec kicks in certainly puts a big grin on your face! :D

Type R's have recently caught my eye especially silver ones. Could I be tempted I wonder.

Andy W said:
Type R's have recently caught my eye especially silver ones. Could I be tempted I wonder.

Andy, just go and test drive one at your local dealer. Trust me, you'll love it. 0-60 in less than 7 secs with change from £13k!!! :D

Woohoo!! - warp drive roller skate!

Andy W said:

very, very nice, Civic Type R, pocket rocket with warp drive!

Honda's are great though! Wife went off to buy a C Class and came back with a Honda Jeep. I wasn't to impressed till I drove it. Well up there on build and way ahead of the game on performance with that VTEC! Thought it was gutless at first then realised I was because I was used to never going past 5000RPM! Go past that and it flies!
Andy

Last edited:
had a honda

had a honda civic vti very nice car but got fed up big time with haveing to drive it to the limit past 6500 rpm to get that grunt from the engine, red lined at 9000, wicked motor but felt like i was screeming all the time, by the way made a little guy look over in his typeR as i kept up with him from the traffic lights in my e300td he just kept pushing and so did i only a car lenght behind in a 1/4 mile :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom