Bye bye das beast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattyBass

Car
W124 E230
Well the time has come to part company with 'das beast'.

We had a good run, but her drink problem was costing me too much money, so it's time to move on to a younger model.

I'm picking up my 3 series next Saturday, good car, all mod cons, but probably won't be as exciting on the autobahn, as i'm guessing i won;t have to wrestle the steering wheel everytime a gust of wind hits the car, or play 'what's that smell' when the car goes over 140kph.

cheers for all the advice on here, tis a good forum.

:thumb:

You dont have to leave the forum, I defected to BMW a while ago and only got the mildest off on-line bullying and death threats over it from here:D

Are you sure the Germanic roads did'nt drive your old girl to drink too much:DLOL

Good luck with the new motor:thumb:

I got my W124 up to an indicated 142 mph on the A1 (no, Simon, the Autobahn not the road oop North), and that was fun in slight side winds. No smell apart from that of pure fear.

You dont have to leave the forum, I defected to BMW a while ago and only got the mildest off on-line bullying and death threats over it from here:D

Are you sure the Germanic roads did'nt drive your old girl to drink too much:DLOL

Good luck with the new motor:thumb:

It may have had something to do with it!

The town where i'm based is quite busy too, and stop start traffic is not her friend. Hopefully the new one will be better on the benzine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom