Bye Bye MB :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adilhk84

Car
Mercedes CLS 320 2007
I have sadly parted ways with MB, deciding to part ex my CLS for a ........ VW Polo 1.4.

With my pending nuptials around the corner, the misses to be has told me to get rid, so that money can be spent on something more worthwhile. Admittedly her argument that I only drive the car c.80 miles p/m did make some sense but still, as a non driver she will find it hard to relate :|

Just wanted to bid you much adieu and hope that in the near future I will be part of the 'club' again!

Also thanks to all of the contributors who really helped me understand my car, and also helped me with my sometimes silly questions.

As a parting gift (for me/you) I have a bluetooth module for sale, which I was using for my iPhone. It is an official MB part, and is rrp at £276. However, they are going for £110 on ebay, so thought I would put it out to members for £100 - PM me if you are interested.

All the best, and if you see somebody in a Polo staring at your motor with wide eyes (and a woman nagging) - it may be me reminding myself of the good times!

I have sadly parted ways with MB, deciding to part ex my CLS for a ........ VW Polo 1.4.

With my pending nuptials around the corner, the misses to be has told me to get rid, so that money can be spent on something more worthwhile

As some my dad's friends sometimes say "Ooff Oooff wery bad wery bad".

As you say it's all well and good spending the money on something more worthwhile, but you cant be that badly off to afford a CLS in the first place..... but alas it does come down to SWMBO.

If my 'soon to be wife' tried making me sell my CLS for a Polo, she would soon be a 'was going to be wife'

Good luck

Oh dear, given that choice I would part with the wife to be. I made sacrifices like that when I first married, but you can only take so much, which is why she has been for decades my ex wife. My current, and second, wife doesn't expect me to make major compromises, nor do I of her, which is why it has lasted, 30 years this coming August.

Oh dear, given that choice I would part with the wife to be. I made sacrifices like that when I first married, but you can only take so much, which is why she has been for decades my ex wife. My current, and second, wife doesn't expect me to make major compromises, nor do I of her, which is why it has lasted, 30 years this coming August.

I was fortunate with my 1st wife. She persuaded me to only buy sensible cars like 350SLKs. The downside is she then 'borrows' them, leaving only even more sensible cars for me:(

30 years on, she's still there as 1st wife, as every time I complain she says 'If you don't like it, buy what you want...' And means it:)

I was fortunate with my 1st wife. She persuaded me to only buy sensible cars like 350SLKs. The downside is she then 'borrows' them, leaving only even more sensible cars for me:(

30 years on, she's still there as 1st wife, as every time I complain she says 'If you don't like it, buy what you want...' And means it:)

And after 30 years you still don't know how to hide the keys??? :D:D:D

Sounds like you got a good 'un though :thumb:

Why not buy the most unreliable Polo 1.4 you can find then when you can never take her anywhere suggest getting another MB :D

Go easy on him fellas. We are talking the first flush of love here.

He will have to build his own hindsight.

My hope is once the mini me's come along I will show her how safe MB's are in the crash tests! Until then I guess I am at her mercy, also another ultimatum is I need to quit smoking (Incl cigars) :|

Although chewing on a Monte Cristo in a Polo will be an act of shame in itself so shouldn't be that hard!

And stop smoking!! I take back what I said!

Go easy on him fellas. We are talking the first flush of love here.

He will have to build his own hindsight.

If my (then) beloved had got me by the nuptials (especially if they were being pended around a corner) I'd buy whatever she told me. :D

Last edited:
I was surprised by your post and read it out to the Mrs.

The Mrs reckons you are crazy. She thinks you should dump the girlfriend and keep the car. "What sort of relationship is it when you are told to change your car"? Closely followed by, "I would dump you if you told me to get rid of the Z4."

So there you have it. 30 years I have put into this relationship.
And she loves the BMW more.
frown.gif

I hope your Mrs is also giving up things..... partnership/teamwork??

I was surprised by your post and read it out to the Mrs.

The Mrs reckons you are crazy. She thinks you should dump the girlfriend and keep the car. "What sort of relationship is it when you are told to change your car"? Closely followed by, "I would dump you if you told me to get rid of the Z4."

So there you have it. 30 years I have put into this relationship.
And she loves the BMW more.
frown.gif

I have a similar story.

My wife is very traditional/nostalgic.

We went on honeymoon in 1986 on my Honda CB1100RD so it's now a family member.

When we were younger and times were harder, my friends would be selling their bikes to buy washing machines or sofas etc for their newly set up homes.

If I even mentioned selling the Honda to buy the required white goods I'd get a scowl from SWMBO and a firm "don't even think about it" :eek:

25 years later and I've still got it. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom