Bye Bye MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc2008

Car
BMW e39 540i 4.4 V8
Well.. my W202 is all but gone. Doing a deal for a straight swap for an offroad prepared Land Rover Discovery.. a toy I've been wanting for a long time, my Dad will be picking it up for me in a couple weeks and if lucky, I may get to drive again early in January.. :cool:

Well.. my W202 is all but gone. Doing a deal for a straight swap for an offroad prepared Land Rover Discovery.. a toy I've been wanting for a long time, my Dad will be picking it up for me in a couple weeks and if lucky, I may get to drive again early in January.. :cool:

Sorry to hear that - hope you keep in touch and good luck with the Land Rover.

I'll keep in touch definately.. I still want another Mercedes next year.. :)

Fair play - greenlaning fun & mud plugging! Got any pics of it yet? Is it a 2.5 TD or V8?

Its a 300TDi, 3dr, 2" lift, snorkel, HUGE tyres with offroad wheels, all extra guards, bars and spot lights.. no pictures yet.. got to get it painted all black! :D at the moment its 'well used'!

Nice one, looking forward to the pics, all Im gona say is it wont stay black for long, more a mixed shade of browns! lol 'To use & abuse!'

when you get it brace the rear trailing arms by sleeving them over with some suitable pipe. I've seen a rear axle ripped off and driven under the body when the tyres gripped from spinning.

My brother and I had great fun on this little toy...

4.0L Wrangler, with a lift kit and some awesome off road tyres. we fitted a Diff guard and sump front and rear. Some of the stuff this went up / down and through was amazing. Sometime we were not even sure it would....but it did :)

J33P.jpg

hi

i've always fancied a fully off-road specc'd up Land Rover Defender. One with a big spare tyre on the bonnet and lots of spotlamps and a wynch.

:( ... hope we hear from you when u get your new merc ;)

Should be getting it this weekend, fingers crossed.. and I have a fracture clinic to attend the following week so hopefully i'll loose the ridulous massive neck collar! Then I can drive again... I think..

hi

i've always fancied a fully off-road specc'd up Land Rover Defender. One with a big spare tyre on the bonnet and lots of spotlamps and a wynch.

We play with one of those very regularly. Winches, checker plate, all the toys.:bannana:

Just a shame it's just used to move 8 tons of static caravan 100m at 1/4 mph, then it goes away again...:eek:

Congrats on the car. Looks like you'll be having lots of fun.

Don't forget to keep in touch. Hopefully you'll be back to MB ownership soon. :D

Chap at work has one, 08 plate - it's spent about 2 months out of 6 at the garage, new engine and gear box were the last things to be replaced.

Today, he broke down again, pistons jammed open :(

Happens with most cars though, a bad egg so don't let it put you off :p

The Mercedes is gone now.. best sale ever, some lad came down on the train, took one look at the car and handed over the full asking price.

I have cash to hunt around for a Landy now instead of doing the swap! I doubled the money on the Merc compared to what I paid for it back in September.. :)

Was it on PH by any chance? Think I came across it yesterday, looks nice :)

That's the one..

Yep was on Pistonheads, but should now be marked as 'Sold by Pistonheads' .... I'll probably never see it again, its gone to West Sussex..

Got a 1990 Land Rover Defender now with a 300 TDi engine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom