Bye For Now (belated)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinC2

Car
C63 AMG PP
Well after a year of ownership I decided that the C63 was not really for me, as well as about to cost me some money, so I traded it for an Audi RS3.

At times I really loved the car but it was not popular with my 2 passengers due mainly to the harsh ride - although i suspect that a non PP car maybe on 18's would be better. The fuel consumption would bother some (but not me) and by the time it had completed its last [gentle] trip to Leeds it had averaged 20.1 MPG in the 8700 miles i did which is not that bad. It certainly was not an expensive car to service (£320 for the B (or was it A) minor service ) , and it did bring a smile to my face at times , but the £120 odd per month for the warranty, and road tax, and new rear tyres were justification for the change... as well as car change syndrome :D

So you might find **10 HSL for sale somewhere in a Sytner Group MB garage with gleaming black paintwork and new rear tyres :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge Audi fan but I would definitely consider an RS3 and A8.

I remember the first one I saw in the flesh - great looking motor.

I imagine it handles well although does it still have that Haldex 4WD system or is it a proper one in the RS3?

I'm not a huge Audi fan but I would definitely consider an RS3 and A8.

I remember the first one I saw in the flesh - great looking motor.

I imagine it handles well although does it still have that Haldex 4WD system or is it a proper one in the RS3?

Nowt much wrong with the haldex system, improved fuel economy over full time 4WD and it does put power where it's needed. Never felt much difference in traction between my S3 and impreza's etc.

If it's good enough for a Bugatti Veyron.....

No, RS3 is still haldex. The handling and ride didn't exactly impress - a definite penchant for going straight on.

The only problem is when you have an amg at the rear view mirror and all the sudden you become a spot in his rear view mirror! Embarrassing!!;) Enjoy your new car !:thumb:

Last edited:
Re- the harsh ride, have you driven an RS3 for any length of time?, many people complain about the very stiff suspension on them.

Is road tax, economy and consumables really going to be that different with an RS3?

RS3 is a very capable car.

I have the RS Q3 (Same engine) as well as the RS6 and they are awesome vehicles.

Different kettle of fish to Merc's, but the new Audi RS's are certainly more focused.

The DSG box is sublime.

Not sure the RS3 can be compared to a C63 - more of an A45 AMG rival really.

RS6 is bonkers - RS5 would be my choice though I'd probably settle for an RS4 Avant for a car that does everything.

Shame you sold the merc.

You will enjoy the rs3 the brother had one prior to buying his rs4. And was quick and you was able to throw it into corners. It just about kept up with my merc. But then he had it mapped to stage 2 and I struggled to keep up with him.

You want to join the rs3 forum great bunch of guys. And they do regular drives up in lakes which I tag along on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom