C-180 Esprit-shock replacement suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

espritgr

Dear All

After 180.000km I need to change the shocks of my mercedes. I was proposed Sachs (part number 170451-170450) however I looked at their on line catalogue and they suggest the same part number either for esprit or classic models. Obviously their suspension is different so I would welcome your views, experiences and opinions on what to install to my Merc. I need to maintain original quality of handling and ride but I want to avoid buying the shocks directly from Mercedes (too expensive!!!)

espritgr

go for bilstein sport B6 as these shocks will be stiffer than the normal ones that are for the classic.

here is their website http://katalog.bilstein.de/

see quote from bilstein below:
=============================
B6 Sports

The shock absorber for those drivers who prefer a sports suspension but are not particularly interested in lowering the body. Also available in special design complete with reservoir for off-road vehicles.

No risk, more fun
For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it. The theme of the discussion here is the sports suspension. The BILSTEIN B6 Sports shock absorber is the ideal solution for drivers revelling in the understatement . The wolf in sheep's clothing snarls, when necessary, but otherwise goes reliably about its work in daily traffic with no lowering of the body whatsoever.

Optimum road holding, enhanced tracking stabilisation and excellent damping force: the BILSTEIN B6 Sports is not only first choice as far as sports tuning is concerned but also in the sphere of safety.

The numbers you list are for the standard and sport suspension, alternatively you can go for 102515 that are listed for Esprit rear suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom