C 180K blower issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny-Boy

Car
C-class coupe
Hello all, I'm new on here, I've had my merc for about 1 month, and as the cooler weather is coming I'm in need of some efficient de misting, however the front demist button seems to work then almost sounds like a suction noise and nothing comes from the front vents....... And makes a clicking noise.
I have tried resetting the unit using demist and recirculate buttons, but just keeps flashing. Does anyone know what's going on??

All advise great fully received

Danny

Thanks for all the advice much appreciated.

I would suspect the electric stepper motor for the top vents is not moving into position, hence the suction noise and clicking.
Does the heater operate fully in other positions?

Plugging it into Star would pinpoint the problem. Probably worth getting a local indie to check it out.
Tony

WG M-B said:
I would suspect the electric stepper motor for the top vents is not moving into position, hence the suction noise and clicking. Does the heater operate fully in other positions?
Yes the heater works in all other positions, I'm assuming access to the vents is pretty limited without removing most of the dash??

Danny

Yes the heater works in all other positions, I'm assuming access to the vents is pretty limited without removing most of the dash??

Danny

It sure is. One of my stepper motors is showing on Star as being stiff/jammed and to get to it requires the lower driver's side dash to be removed. :(
A job for a long weekend I think and a special tool to remove the ignition key bezel.
If you lived near to me then I would be happy to put my Star on it for you.

Tony

Sorry to hijack your thread but I've started getting a clicking from behind the stereo for about 1-2 minutes on start up . Is this a stepping motor or stepping motor arm .

Would I be able to get to it by removing the stereo ?

I haven't got the cash to take it to a garage so would be very grateful if anyone could let me know how to fix this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom