C 2.5 td no ventilation!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvndave

Car
C250 TD
Hi Folks,

Iv'e just bought a '98 C Class 2.5 with air con and can't get any airflow through the vents. Everything seems to work, the blower motor increases speed, you can distribute a tiny amount of air through every vent, with air-con selected what little air there is comes out cooler but you cant get any blast of air, air-con on or not. The pollen filter has been changed but it seems like a major flap isn't opening.

Checking other threads would seem to indicate the blower motor being faulty, however, you can hear it changing speed when adjusting its switch.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Dave

dvndave said:
Checking other threads would seem to indicate the blower motor being faulty, however, you can hear it changing speed when adjusting its switch.
Sounds like the pollen filter might need changing.

Check out my HOWTO: Pollen filter removal on a w202

will take you 5 minutes to get the filter out. If the fan works any better without the filter then maybe it needs changing! Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

Id go with the above . I had this problem, changed the filter and the gust of air that comes out now is unbelievable! The new filter was light as a feather but the one i took out was black and weighed a tonne.
SORRY JUST NOTICED THAT YOU'VE DONE THE FILTER ! THATS WHAT I GET FOR NOT READING WHOLE POST.

pepe said:
SORRY JUST NOTICED THAT YOU'VE DONE THE FILTER ! THATS WHAT I GET FOR NOT READING WHOLE POST.
I must have read that and totally ignored it! :crazy:

Ventilation probs!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest and support. Iv'e gone one better now and removed the filter completely . . . . tiny tiny improvement and what baffles me is that you get airflow, very poor, from whichever vent you set the selector switch to. The motor goes so fast it takes your fingers off. It's just like someone has stuffed a rather large sock up the main airway!!
The weather has been brilliant today but I couldn't go out 'cos the damm thing gets too hot. Can't open the windows as I suffer from hayfever.

Many thanks

yours, hot and sweaty from luvly Devon

Are you sure you have the vent arrow in the 9 oclock position ??

Hi Racall,

Sorry I know I'm thick but what is the vent arrow and where is it located?

Cheers

Dave

Update time

Garage sorted prob in twenty minutes by replacing blower motor. Quite how this fixed it when the original went round at a hell of a pace and no air came through vents even at 70+ I don't know but it's fixed now and I'm one happy bunny!

Thanks to those who took the trouble to respond.

Now the cool one from sunny Devon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom