c 220 cdi 2003 Car wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitch1981

Car
c class cdi 220
hi, my car wont start, the starter motor is ok but the car does'nt fire up. the glow plug light sometimes stays on for upto 2mins after car starts, is this related to my current problem. could it be a fuel problem. Hope someone can help get my car back on the road, thanks

hi, my car wont start, the starter motor is ok but the car does'nt fire up. the glow plug light sometimes stays on for upto 2mins after car starts, is this related to my current problem. could it be a fuel problem. Hope someone can help get my car back on the road, thanks

Is this a constant problem or an occasional one?

Buy a can of Easy Start from a local filling station and remove the air intake hose, Im taking it for granted you can turn the key to start and let it go and the starter motor will keep turning for about 10 seconds or so. When its still tyring to start spray a little easy start into the air intake. It may "fire up" with the aid of this. If it does it will make a loud diesel knock but dont worry about this noise.

If that gets you started you can drive to someone that could have a lok and find out why it wasnt starting in the first place. Or it may just keep starting when you want it to from then on.

This is the 1st time its happend, i was told it could be the injectors, but i've since had it tested and the only fault is a glow plug not working and the mechanic said this wont stop the car from starting, he now thinks it could be the Fuel High Pressure which he is going to check this week as its now at his garage, has any one got any mre ideas, ( i have'nt tried the damp start)

How were the injectors tested?

First thing to check is air in the fuel ines - get someone to crank the engine whilst you inspect the fuel lines in the engine bay ( the plastic fuel lines are transparent but have a black casing over them this can be slid back or cut back)
Check the main line first from the filter to the fuel delivery pump which is the small pump at the end of the engine, then the pipes from that pump to the high pressure pump.
It sounds to me you have got air in the system caused by the black rubber seals in the pipe, they become hard and loose their selaing qualities.
Your symptons make sense to this problem!!!!

I see this everyday diagnosis of the injectors is a common problem but this is also a common problem which gets overlooked or gets done on the quiet because it costs less than a £5 to fix ;) ;) injectors £1000/seals £5

Ex-Mobilolife tech.

yesterday the mechanic said only a glow plug fault showed up on the engine management, but today he said he's found a leaking injector, would this have shown up on the test done yesterday are the injectors tested on engine management

A injector leak off test needs to be done - manual test

I saw something on here before someone had made there own tool for this test - quite impressive

Im sure youll find it in the searches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom