C 250 TD W202 Conderser replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vanno

Car
C250 TD
Any advice on replacing the air conditioning condenser on my 2000 Xreg C 250 TD Tip Auto. Is it a DIY job or best left to the experts... many thanks.

I contemplated changing mine but extraction of any charge and then recharge then a second extract and re-charge if it leaked anywhere put me off - a lot of trips to the gas man.

Yes, I agree but I am still tempted to have a go if it's a simple case of slotting the new one down the front of the rad and attaching the inlet/outlet pipes...

Yes, I agree but I am still tempted to have a go if it's a simple case of slotting the new one down the front of the rad and attaching the inlet/outlet pipes...

Pretty much.

Not a difficult job, and easy enough to replace if you're half sensible :)

Will

Well.. nothing ventured as they say.. Will post a blow by blow account as a guide for others.

Worth fitting a new receiver/drier as well whilst you're at it IMHO. Cheap and easy to replace.

Will

Er... didn't know about this.. can you tell me more, such as what it looks like and where it is fitted? Thanks

On my old W202 it was on the N/S, just behind the headlight.

Small cannistor looking item, usually alloy with pipes in/out and a pressure sensor.

They extract moisture from the system, so a good idea to replace if your condensor has been leaking.

£20/30 or thereabouts from memory.

Will

Great... thanks for that I will investigate later... Just for info.. the condenser has leaked from a breach in the lower pipe when a supporting bracket has rubbed through.

I did mine last year....fairly straightforward job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom