C 32 Supercharger Oil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmp

Car
2004 E55 Saloon - 2003 C32 AMG Estate - Sold
Hi all

2003 C32 c130.000.

I have looked around on the web and there seems to be varying opinions as to whether it is advisable/necessary to change the oil at all.

I have the Mobil Jet II oil.

Any advice/opinions gratefully received.

Thanks

David

I did this to my 05 S55 a few months ago using Mobil Jet oil 3. While I can't say it made anything better, it felt rewarding and did not hurt the supercharger. A friend of mine who is an aircraft mechanic got me the oil. He indicated that they never ever drain and replace jet oil. Just top up if needed so I guess that the oil is quite resilient.

What does the oil lubricate ?

We know it lubricates the gears but does it also lubricate bearing races ?

For life time lubrication to be valid you would have to assume either that there is no wear on the gears at all, which is impossible, or that the wear debris is 100% captured by a magnetic drain plug. Does it have one and what deposits are present when it's removed ?

If the oil always came out looking like new I'd be prepared to believe in life time lubrication. But I gather it doesn't so I don't.

The oil that came out was exactly the same color as mobil jet oil 3 which is darker than mobil jet oil 2. It smelled awful however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom