C 55 Amg decat but not over fueling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lloyd001

Car
Mercedez C55 Amg
Hi All

South african here with issues.lol

have a huge problem.... bought a C55 AMG a year ago, has 150 000km full service history. only done 4000km to date. i know, my baby has to rest. lol

the problem started when we decatted the car, removed the 2 front cats only. car is now burning black and way too rich. only getting about 295km to a full tank of gas. :fail car went to MB for agility check... picked up nothing was wrong. o2 sensors are perfect.

now... the UK guys are brilliant with their cars, specially their MB, BMW and VW.

can anyone help?

thanks

Last edited:
lloyd001 said:
Hi All South african here with issues.lol have a huge problem.... bought a C55 AMG a year ago, has 150 000km full service history. only done 4000km to date. i know, my baby has to rest. lol the problem started when we decatted the car, removed the 2 front cats only. car is now burning black and way too rich. only getting about 295km to a full tank of gas. :fail car went to MB for agility check... picked up nothing was wrong. o2 sensors are perfect. now... the UK guys are brilliant with their cars, specially their MB, BMW and VW. can anyone help? thanks
You must check that the cables are correctly connected, and you must use premium gasoline in a Mercedes, if the problem still, change the combustible filter and use premium gas

thanks Bud

but what cables should i be looking for? a local mechanic told me to put dummy cats and remap the ECU, but not too sure

lloyd001 said:
thanks Bud but what cables should i be looking for? a local mechanic told me to put dummy cats and remap the ECU, but not too sure
You must see somebody with a diagnostic computer and never modify any of those systems because the computer is delicate

And the cats must be oem , you can't use another brand , only Mercedes Benz

Most people leave the primary cats in and just remove the secondary... Sounds like you need to get it scanned, maybe a sensor has gone crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom