C 63 Safe bhp to map to ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bikeboy16

Car
AMG C63
Hi all, i'm just after some opinions based on previous experiences.

I'm looking at getting my 2012 C63 re-mapped, i've read a fair few articles and tried to do my homework on it, but just after a bit of back up, i'd be interested to hear your thoughts on what is a safe bhp to have these engines mapped to ?
I know the standard engine is de-tuned so can safely go up in power, but also know the likes of the Black version had some changes to the engine internals, presumably to cope with extra power better.
Also i suppose is the question, what can the gearbox take ?

I'm not looking for a track car or anything like that, but would love to get what i can out of the engine........safely !

I'd love to hear some thoughts.

A map will take you to 510/530 bhp which is perfect and will do the car no harm at all.

As above, really responds well to a remap.

MSL Performance in Birmingham is the place to go. Its a way to travel but well worth it. Top AMG tuner in the country IMO.

Thanks for the above replies, you have confirmed what i was thinking (and hoping).

Be nice to get over 500 BHP, it'll be the first car I've got in to the 500s with !

I don't want to sound daft for asking, but have you found mapping to make much difference to the fuel consumption ? They aren't exactly economical at the best of times, but hoping it won't totally destroy the figures.

Thanks for the above replies, you have confirmed what i was thinking (and hoping).

Be nice to get over 500 BHP, it'll be the first car I've got in to the 500s with !

I don't want to sound daft for asking, but have you found mapping to make much difference to the fuel consumption ? They aren't exactly economical at the best of times, but hoping it won't totally destroy the figures.
I don't have the 6.2 engine, but a remapped 5.5 Biturbo.
Remapping won't improve the MPG and I'd expect it to be a couple under stock in normal use.
What the remap will do is open the throttle to 100%, lift the limiter to 186mph or removed completely and make the car seem a different animal.
Best thing I did on mine. and I've never read of any C63 owner saying they regret having a remap.

It's not just about the bhp. You should get about 10% increase in torque which is where the real fun is.

I take it that you have got the lsd,? If not that's the 1st thing i would get before any remap and as above MSL is the place to go 👍

I'm after the same - LSD and remap on my 2013 C63
Called MSL a couple of times with no answer so unsure if they are closed with lockdown?
MSL come highly recommended so, worth the trip for me (I'm in the South Lakes so 3 hours away).
Keep us posted on your updates, be interesting to hear

I'm after the same - LSD and remap on my 2013 C63
Called MSL a couple of times with no answer so unsure if they are closed with lockdown?
MSL come highly recommended so, worth the trip for me (I'm in the South Lakes so 3 hours away).
Keep us posted on your updates, be interesting to hear

I just spoke with MSL today and booked my car in for next week (LSD and remap like you), so they're definitely open. Took a few attempts to get someone to pick up though.

Out of interest, what sort of price is it for the both of those with MSL ?

I assume they use an aftermarket LSD ?

MSL sometimes do offers on Quaife ATB rear diffs. I have one in my 507 and it has made a very noticeable difference in my ability to get traction down out of corners and roundabouts etc.

If you get MSL to do the remap and fit a Quaife, Acid and his team might give you a package price, as stated by many on here they are well worth a drive to see and have work done :thumb:

Thanks for the info Yex.

I have heard good things about them, and they were the last ones to service my car before i bought it, so its reassuring to hear they do things right.

Out of interest, what sort of price is it for the both of those with MSL ?

I assume they use an aftermarket LSD ?

Mine's an E63 5.5 and they're fitting a Quaife diff. I think their prices for the E63 are in the region of £1,550 to supply and fit the diff, and around £700 for the map with before and after rolling road.

Thanks for that Rich, that's around what i thought it would be.
I just got to work out how to justify the cash to the Mrs !! :)

Mine's an E63 5.5 and they're fitting a Quaife diff. I think their prices for the E63 are in the region of £1,550 to supply and fit the diff, and around £700 for the map with before and after rolling road.
Same as I paid for remap and dyno runs in Nov 2019

I had quafe lsd fitted in August £1550 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom