C Class 200 W205 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BarryWhitt

Car
C-Class 200 Sport Premium
I'd like to know if I can start my car up to warm up and then lock it and go back inside with my keyless go key-fob far enough away to unable the contact.
If there is a way can anyone tell me because after I locked the car the fob would not allow me to open the door either by using the fob button or my hand on the door handle.

I had to ring Mercedes-me and they after asking security questions they opened it for me.
I've looked in the book and can't find anything reference to this.
Thanks in anticipation....

I'd like to know if I can start my car up to warm up and then lock it and go back inside with my keyless go key-fob far enough away to unable the contact.
If there is a way can anyone tell me because after I locked the car the fob would not allow me to open the door either by using the fob button or my hand on the door handle.

I had to ring Mercedes-me and they after asking security questions they opened it for me.
I've looked in the book and can't find anything reference to this.
Thanks in anticipation....

I tried that yesterday, I wasn't warming the car up, I was just trying not to restart it as I have a niggling Charge Problem, I discovered that mine won't lock using the Key Fob from the outside with the Engine running!

Word of warning: your Insurance would not cover you if the car went missing whilst warming up!

IMG_20171230_164715987 (Medium).jpg
Word of warning: your Insurance would not cover you if the car went missing whilst warming up!
I wouldn't tell them I'd say my key fob must have been cloned.

Anyway just found out that there is a key within the fob I've just watched a video on YouTube where I also saw that the fob will do more than I knew.
Happy days.

Insurance companies are not a pushover even if youre prepared to commit fraud.

I realise that and was tongue in cheek with my flippant reply, but now I see I can use a key encased in the fob.
Plus I always keep my fobs in a metal tin so they can't be cloned at home. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom