C Class 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUTSELL

Car
Mercedes C180
C Class 2009 Since buying this car (It had one in the rear) sorted the defuser, rear bumper needs sorting just a filler and paint, BUT the bloody boot comes open now and again, bugger to close it at times, now wondering if its the Leckie switch or the lock itself ?. That looks suspect but Mercs £116. thanks very much. Any ideas ?.

Well as no response I have still not sorted it so as a last resort I had a look on YouTube. recommend operating the switch at least 10 to 15 times to clear the fault. Anybody tried this ?. The lock itself is working ok except it is not clamping the locking plate, take off the locking plate and push it into the lock it clamps perfect, push-button it releases. Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have an estate , but sometimes it has the same 'problem' except mine does not come open on it's own , but will sometimes need a number of 'slams' for it to latch. There is almost zero adjustment on the latch to make any difference.

I find locking the car with the boot open then shutting it works...probably the switch, when the weather gets better I am going to check it out. I can live with it for now.

Spray some lube into the lock hole mechanism (use the metal key in the lock ) and the handle mechanism (operate 20-30 times ) from outside , they get a lot of dirt thrown up the back at this time of year

Well, this problem was caused by the hit in the back, cure, remove the cover panel below the locking plate, 4x4 piece of timber, 14lb sledgehammer, three whacks fixed it, now works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom