c class 220 2008 audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

auggloop

Car
Mercedes c220
i have just bought a c class 220 on 2008 its se model deisel and its fitted with an audio 20 but ive been offered an audio 50 from a same year e class will this fit? if not should the audio 20 be ipod compatable if so how?:wallbash:

No the e-class unit wont fit. Audio 20 supports aux input (will simply let you listen to ipod via the car) and the mercedes ipod kit (will let you listen, control, charge the ipod via the car). There is also a new and better aftermarket option called the mCar.

You may already have the aux input check your glovebox. If not it can be retrofitted. See: Aux input retrofit on A,B,C,CLK,ML,GL,R and the part needed: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: Current W169 A, W245 B, Sprinter, Vito, Viano :: Aux input for cars with Audio-20 or COMAND NTG2 version

Other options are the mCar Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: mCar Phone & Digital iPod interface for Mercedes NTG1/NTG2 vehicles and official mercedes ipod kit: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit (NTG2) for A, B, W203-C, CLK, ML, GL, R, Vito, Viano with COMAND or Audio-20-CD

If you need someone to fit comand.co.uk are highly recommended and based in Woking, Surrey.

Last edited:
wow that was a quick reply thank you very much you just saved me £500 thanks again

If your looking to upgrade to a sat nav unit you need one from c-class / clc. You can either fit what would have been the option for you car Comand NTG2 or the latest united fitted to MY09> cars the Comand NTG2.5. Some more info on the units here: COMAND - All about COMAND

Comand NTG2.5 has full built in bluetooth connectivity, hard disk based navigation with full 7 digit postcode input, sd card slot, single dvd or optional 6 dvd changer, music register on the hardrive, dvd playback, mp3 playback + more.

Do a search for ntg2.5 plenty of threads about it.

Last edited:
Have the Universal Media Interface on my 2008 W204, gives sat nav, USB and Ipod connectivity. Not sure if this is still available but worth investigating. Have a 16GB USB stick with virtually all my music on it. Enough to listen to for nearly a years motoring :D

Is a 2008 UK C-class not a W204 (the OP did not call it CLC)?

Ah yes sorry my mistake, totally missed the 2008 part so yes it will be a W204. Still the e class unit wont fit. You should have aux input already. Ignore what I said in post #2 and #4.

Your other options are the media interface, ipod kit or navigation 20. Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: C, GLK, E, E Coupe class (W204, W212, W207)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom