C-Class 220 BlueTec Sport - NOX sensor replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starlight

Car
C220d AMG Premium Line Plus (2018)
Just booked a service for my C-220 (W205) (June 2015) and the (approved repairer's) confirmation email advised that the work will include "Carry out SMPC760 - Update Engine Control Unit Software, Replace NOx Sensors".

Inevitably, I've carried out some research on this (asking the dealer for more info is not likely to be a fruitful exercise). All I can discover is that NOX sensors fitted to the W205 have been through at least three iterations and are liable to fail, with the EML coming on (but not in my case). I wonder whether there's a connection with the Start/Stop icon on the dash constantly sitting at yellow? Pretty academic since I would disable it anyway, but over the two years I've had the car it's only turned green on about 6 occasions - on long runs during hot weather.

No idea what's involved in the SMPC760 or the the software update unless, of course, it linked to the sensor replacement. There's been no indication that there will be a charge for the work (although I understand that the sensor might cost north of £300).

Can anyone kindly shed light and spare me several hours of further, probably inconclusive research?

Update: Just came across this...

and there's an obvious connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom