C-Class 220 CDi (W205) (2015) - Auxiliary battery problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update my end: The auxiliary battery was replaced and since then the stop/start function hasn't worked once... the amber icon stays on all the time. In the two years I've had the car, the feature has only worked on a handful of occasions, usually on a long run in hot weather.
Both batteries need to be 100%, you'll probably find your main battery should have been replaced at the same time.

Bump on an old thread,
My 2013 212 has this problem too. ECO remains amber after i`ve replaced the auxiliary battery. Are we 100% certain that the main car battery is the reason for stop/start not working guy`s?? TBH i always switched it off when i first bought the car anyway.
When i first bought the car i did`nt know it had stop/start until it kicked in & packed up on me in the fast lane of the M1🤬. I`d just sold my beloved e46 330d because it used to just pack up on me & we could`nt trace the fault so when the Merc did this day one of going to work it was a moment of "Really"o_O. I sat there sparked a smoko up & thought bugga what am i gonna do now. Of course as i relaxed the brake pedal she burst back into life & i felt a right T~T:D:D.
Modern gizmo`s , who needs em;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom