C Class 300 DE Hybrid AMG Line 2020 manufactured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmaskell

Car
C 300 DE
Hi there,

i am planning on putting a tow bar on my new C class, whilst the technical specs of Mercedes state it can tow, seems to be confusion with tow bar fitters whether this hybrid can have a tow bar fitted ?

hopefully someone out there has already done this and can tell me what i need ?

cheers
gareth

Look at the data plate on the car. If it has an entry for total train weight, it can have a towbar. If it doesn’t, it can’t. The rules are really that simple, so it’s puzzling why towbar fitters would be struggling with that. I can however understand why they might not want to give a definitive answer without seeing the actual vehicle, because it can vary depending on spec on some cars as to whether you can have a towbar or not.

The weight of the HV battery seems to be causing the problems, seen it with the C350e. An estate with PP can’t tow, one without can, as the glass roof tips it over.

Look at the data plate on the car. If it has an entry for total train weight, it can have a towbar. If it doesn’t, it can’t. The rules are really that simple, so it’s puzzling why towbar fitters would be struggling with that. I can however understand why they might not want to give a definitive answer without seeing the actual vehicle, because it can vary depending on spec on some cars as to whether you can have a towbar or not.

The weight of the HV battery seems to be causing the problems, seen it with the C350e. An estate with PP can’t tow, one without can, as the glass roof tips it over.

@gmaskell @Chris-S Yes. I just tried building brand new C300 de AMG Line on the MB website. Both the saloon and estate versions offer the option of a towbar for £750 even if you select the Premium package, but as soon as you specify the Premium Plus package, the MB configurator removes the towbar from the build spec.

Good news managed to get one fitted without issue

online vendors said they would have to cut the bumper with it being amgline that also turned out not to be true, fitted without any cutting required

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom