C class Alarm going off for NO reason!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Continental

Ok So I posted earlier about how the lights of my car were randomly flashing... Now what is happeneing when I lock the car the alarm just goes off, and I have to unlock it and re lock it until it stops... please help me diagnose this issue as I've tried to find out myself and have narrowed it down to what I think it is ... the siren or the battery ... or am I talking complete rubbish?

Oh and it is w203 c class.

Many thanks.

Have you got an air-freshener or any other dangly items in the car???

I get so many customers come back about alarm faults after buying cars from us and everytime it is a hanging article moving about when wind or passing vehicles buffeting the car and tripping the sensors.

Yes I have a dangley air freshner! I shall remove it from the equation now. I've had it ages and never had a problem ...this problem is getting a bit ridculous it seems because I locked it and the alarm went off immediately just now!

Ok opened removed dangley air freshner and locked...so far so good...lets hope it doesn't just start sounding the alarm again/flashing.

Last edited:
Yes I have a dangley air freshner! I shall remove it from the equation now. I've had it ages and never had a problem ...this problem is getting a bit ridculous it seems because I locked it and the alarm went off immediately just now!

Ok opened removed dangley air freshner and locked...so far so good...lets hope it doesn't just start sounding the alarm again/flashing.

Hope it works for you.

Yeah me too I mean it's only started happening the last couple of weeks but it's been getting more and more frequent now...I've had dangley air freshner for like a year so it just seems like I'd be getting my hopes up a bit no? ...but hey you are much more expert than a complete noob like me! From my googling I thought it was the siren or battery...but I have no clue like I said!

Thanks for your advice...spurs fan? good man!

LOL yeah yeah I'm used to all the abuse! Fergies left the Tov out of the squad...let us have him back for the game then at least!

Yeah spurs mad and will be there sunday.

Manure fans must be glad its at wembley, not far to travel from surrey is it :D

Really looking forward to it.

Spray the inside of the car with insect killer, i had a moth setting mine off, someone i know had a spider setting theirs off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom