C-Class AMG Sport mudflaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is a red c class round the corner from me with them on, and i must say thay look quite good but i think it helps with the red/ black combination. Not to sure if i'd put them on mine but i'm not saying i wouldn't.

There was a time when I would have put mudflaps on anything automatically but I don't think that they are needed these days. My car is almost 3 years old and has done 61,000 miles. There are plenty of stone chips on the front but the sides are perfect so I think they are pointless. If anything, because they overlap onto the bodywork they will eventually rub into the paint and damage it. On Ford flaps of this type they supply thick clear plastic film to apply first to avoid wear marks.

Last edited:
Thanks for those comments. I had them on a Honda Accord several years ago now. I am finding the AMG body kit on my car gathers the tar and odd chip, so is why I was considering. Hadn't considered the wear though.

Had these on my Fire Opal Red C-Sport. Quality was very good, as was fitment. Took about 10-15 mins per item.

I had them body colour painted and lacquered by a local friendly bodyshop.

Fixing is a mix of the original arch and cill liner screws as well as a self adhesive strip where the flap sits against the bodywork. Just make sure bodywork is clean and wipe area to be stuck with IPA or other similar grease cleaner to ensure a good bond.

Did look very good and added to the stance of the car. I have not yet decided to add them to my Paladium silver replacement. I would recommend covering the leading edges of the flaps in some clear stone chip film as the paint very quickly wore away with road debris, water etc.

If I can find any pictures I will post them.

Thank you DRWood. Nice to hear actual experience of the item. I think I will order a set. My car is Polar White, so I suspect the contrast will work well - have privacy glass too.

Interesting you painted yours, as my idea is the opposite - do away with the stone chips, etc. on the body kit.

Fitted on Iridium Silver

Attachments

• image-3172084894.jpg
    image-3172084894.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3148313391.jpg
    image-3148313391.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
Threadstarter

Car: c220cdi amg sports plus saloon

I fitted these about a month after buying the car, the offside rear was replaced by the maker, still not perfect but they look good in my opinion.

pics of flaps in place.
mercedeswithmudflaps001.jpg

Nearside rear
mercedeswithmudflaps003.jpg

Offside front

mercedeswithmudflaps004.jpg

Offside rear not a very good fit
mercedeswithmudflaps002.jpg

Nearside front

I need to have another go at fitting the off side rear, though I've tried a few times to get it positioned better, I may have to contact the makers in case its a duff one, or try trimming it as it looks as though it wants to go up a bit but the lower large radious is preventing it from being moved up, any suggestions anyone? Eddie

mercedeswithmudflaps009.jpg

Side view of the car with flaps in place

Last edited by ioweddie; 25-10-2012 at 04:02 PM.
user_online.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom