C Class buying advice appreciated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Retepnikrap

Car
C220
Hi, new and no mercedes experience so help appreciated.

Currently have a BMW 320d 2012 (latest model), very nice car, quick, very economical, £30 road tax etc etc. I fancy a Mercedes and going to look at a few at the dealers tomorrow. I know there is a new C class just out but I usually buy my cars when they are 6 to 12 months old and there seems a few 2013 (63) plate cars about at 20k to 22k, what are the later models like to live with and are they as economical as they seem? I am looking at the C220, is this the right model to go for and should I avoid anything in particular?

Thanks in advance

I swapped over from the dark side Sept 12.
I purchased a c220 sport plus saloon, very happy with it, road tax £120pa and round town fuel 42mpg+ up to almost 60mpg on the motorway (70-80mph) Service intervals are every year, the 2 things road tax and service intervals are the only gripe where BMW win. I love the car and it looks and oozes class, 2012 face lifted blue efficiency are the best ones to go for. The new C Class is supposed to be awesome, with no road tax and 60 mpg around town and 70 plus on the motorway (yet to be proven). If I were you I'd wait 6 months and get an AMG new shape ex demo. Oh don't get a black one or you will spend more time cleaning it than driving it. Ioweddie

Subscribe to the above. The 220 is the best pick of the range especially with AMG trim. Surprisingly economical but reasonably pocky. Mine was the gun metal grey, looked good clean and didn't show the dirt too much.

I've just bought one of the last current (?) shape C250 AMG Sport Estates
In 8 weeks I've covered 1200 miles averaging 45.3 MPG
7 Speed Auto is so smooth
Suspension is excellent - Interior is very comfortable and quiet
Engines lovely & smooth and quick when asked to be -
Very very hard to fault highly recommended

Thanks BruLan. Just bought a C250 amg sport estate at the weekend to replace wifes outgoing car. Got a really good deal on it. Looking fwd to picking it up in a few weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom