C Class Cabriolet roof marks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bill919

Car
C Class Cabriolet 2017
Hey all needed some advice please!

Can’t seem to get rid of these black marks on my soft top. Used the Renovo cleaner which got rid of the algae but i feel the marks are from the pressure washer (which i’ve now stopped!)

Thinking of doing another clean and then using a dye to repaint the whole roof?

Wouldn’t have expected pressure washer to cause black marks, unless it was loaded with detergent? It is worth getting to the definitive cause of the marking before putting new dye on, otherwise may reappear. What colour is the roof, is it the original? cant see the pic

Cabriolet roof best washed with water only, car wash detergent, and others cn result in stains which are a bugger to get off. Ask me how I know🤪

No haven’t used any detergents not sure if you can see the pics uploaded have tried a few times, it’s the original roof it’s a dark red

Pics not visible at all. Are you using the pic graphic in top of reply area? It is the easiest way..

Ahhh only think i use to wash it with would be a car shampoo, sponge and pressure washer! The black marks have only appeared in the past few months but i’ve owned the car for nearly 3 years now!

Ahhh only think i use to wash it with would be a car shampoo, sponge and pressure washer! The black marks have only appeared in the past few months but i’ve owned the car for nearly 3 years now!
Ok, so I’ve avoided shampoo as it can cause stains but sounds like not the cause of your issue. Love the red colour. I have blue, ’cos the car is blue🙂 will come back in a bit to see if you’ve had success uploading pics which might help you get advice👍

Ok, so I’ve avoided shampoo as it can cause stains but sounds like not the cause of your issue. Love the red colour. I have blue, ’cos the car is blue🙂 will come back in a bit to see if you’ve had success uploading pics which might help you get advice👍
Finally managed to upload a pic! Ah nice love a blue roof on a blue car works well! Hm so strange where these black marks have come from and the Renovo cleaner can’t get rid of them

Finally managed to upload a pic! Ah nice love a blue roof on a blue car works well! Hm so strange where these black marks have come from and the Renovo cleaner can’t get rid of them
I would get some all purpose cleaner and a soft scrubbing brush . Also get some Milton baby bottle tablets (or liquid) and let that soak into the roof for 15 mins before using the APC

Reactions: Ted
I would get some all purpose cleaner and a soft scrubbing brush . Also get some Milton baby bottle tablets (or liquid) and let that soak into the roof for 15 mins before using the APC
Thanks mate i’ve tried the Milton tablets but made no difference may try the APC

Have you tried a professional clean with a “proper” wet vacuum?

so those marks look mainly to be created in the roof material sitting between the roof frame; you can see the roof structure lines and when the roof is opened it folds in a way that I think creates the blotches; have got similar on my roof and I believe they are simply a product of age and likely to be the colour wearing different as time goes by. They do seem to show up more on your red roof material.

So yes, a full clean and recolouring may be the solution.

My roof shows similar lines and blotches , but lighter. Am going to give mine a full clean after a long summer of use, before going for a recolour.

Last edited:
I do like blue on blue.

Generally I prefer coloured roofs but unfortunately they tend to be less forgiving than traditional black.
Totally agree, but they do look the dogs when clean, which is a full time job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom