C Class CD/DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
A quick question on behalf of someone in the office:

He's had his C220CDI estate for about 3 weeks and wants to know if, on the COMAND unit fitted:

1. Will it read MP3s on a CD?
2. Will it play MP3s on DVD?

As with most blokes, can't be bothered to read the manual....

Ta to any owners who can keep this guy off my IM as he thinks I'm the font of all Benz knowledge...........

Mr E said:
A quick question on behalf of someone in the office:

He's had his C220CDI estate for about 3 weeks and wants to know if, on the COMAND unit fitted:

1. Will it read MP3s on a CD?
2. Will it play MP3s on DVD?

As with most blokes, can't be bothered to read the manual....

Ta to any owners who can keep this guy off my IM as he thinks I'm the font of all Benz knowledge...........

What year is his c class ?, either way the answer to Q1 is NO, and the answer to Q2 is NO again unfortunatly.If he has a portable mp3 player, then tell him to look in the glove box specifically on the left and he will find a round auxilary input, from there all you need to do is buy a wire and connect them,then tell him to press SYSTEM/AUXILARY on his command and he will hear anything he connected coming from the cars speakers.

HTH
Andy

The car is an 05, and is 3 weeks old.......I'm surprised if it can't do MP3 at the very least.

mp3

99.99% it wont play MP3'S.

Only way is to hook up an external MP3 PLAYER via the socket in the glove box " if its still there ".

hth

Or get MB's integrated iPod kit installed - which will be installed instead of the AUX input.

As far as MP3s are concerned (either on CD or on DVD) - I have not yet heard that this is possible on a 2005 W203 DVD comand. So... what Andy said: NO.

greetingz,

BigSis

For what its worth (I don't know if the COMAND in the E W211 is the same as the 2005 C) but yesterday, out of interest, I (with the help of my young nephew) transferred and played some of my purchased cd's onto a DVD as mp3 files and it worked superbly, playing in the single cd/dvd player on the COMAND module. Today I transferred some of those mp3 files from dvd to cd and again they played very easily. Also, as an experiment, I renamed each track, removing the artists name from each track title and put all the tracks into a folder with the artists and album title as its name. Now I get the artist name and album at the display top and the track in the middle - superb! It would take ages to do all the CD's I own like that though! However the DVD is limited to 255 tracks I think. :cool:

Last edited:
andy_cyp said:
Only way is to hook up an external MP3 PLAYER via the socket in the glove box " if its still there ".
hth

Email from my MB dealer today regarding a C220:

"I have spoken to our head technician and it would seem that although
Mercedes did have an AUX input in the glovebox of certain models it is
something that they have now stopped anyway (apart from being available on
certain cars which have a TV tuner/screen)"

:mad:

Mr E said:
The car is an 05, and is 3 weeks old.......I'm surprised if it can't do MP3 at the very least.

Pity we have no video link to see that surprised look.. :eek: :eek:

Take care,
John a very hot morning in Torquay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom