C Class Chassis W204 Petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning Mr Johnson I have not forgotten, it's still there.
Morning Car back yesterday outcome just a few pounds short of £800. I am still trying to figure out how a key cost that much? It was sent to MB Southend on Sea. I will check what's going on here as the Key is in two bits part were the battery replacement slides in, well it won't, so it goes on.

OK, Mercedes / Jardine Motors. Southend on Sea. After having a chat with the service manager there yesterday this was the outcome, I was not satisfied with the replies I got, apparently, it took TWO mechanics nearly one hour to find that the key and lock was at fault cost/charge for that £145 I pointed out you were told that was the problem that was diagnosed by the AA, who I must say was brilliant he found the problem in minutes, yet Mercs who have Star took that time and I paid £145 for that, so next, I am told the ECU is the problem, we have replaced that, oops it's not that, Keys/lock ordered from Germany, all of a sudden the lock has arrived BUT without keys ?, then that did arrive the one that supposedly turned up was missing the metal bar that holds the keys, anyhow that is supposed to come from Germany, (as advised by a member previously) time to fit a replacement lock and key 3 hours cost around £500, the total time the car was there over two weeks, well I know the key batteries were the problem, and the reason I know is this I went to and indi to fit replacement batteries, reply cant open the key, next we went to the Bosch garage, he gave the key back sorry I cannot open it. so there you go £800 for a key that needed replacing and tested. Will, I ever go there again or recommend them, well you work that out I have only had Mercs for the last twenty years this was my first experience with this dealership ten out of ten I give them 0 never again

The plot thickens. We take a run to Grandaughters 40 mins there 40 back motorway I only drive at 50, so next day drive about 80 mins in total, pull onto the drive feel the steering wheel wobble, steering wheel up and down movement is a good 1 inch, I must admit I had a slight movement as normal but never like this, so YouTube for an explanation, 4 tourqu bolts hold the steering column to the dash. Me after all the problems I had with Southend I don't think I will be going back for another hammering in our pocket.

Here we go. E Bay for a steering column cost £40 post including. So now to get that sorted phone our MOT Station for recommendations. Put in touch with Mitch to make a booking to fit the steering, had to wait a couple of days as he was busy well he arrived yesterday at our driveway at 5 past 9. steering out and back in fixed by 10 past 10. cost £100. offered him extra, refused the offer. Mercedes price quoted Just short of £800. Mercedes charged us £792 to fit the steering lock only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom