C Class copycat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timwood2000

Car
R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
In Toronto this week and saw this outside the hotel - looks almost identical to a C Class - even more than the pictures suggest - suprised there is no rules against such copies...

Attachments

• IMG_6254.jpg
    IMG_6254.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6253.jpg
    IMG_6253.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 140
Can't see it too much myself, not the current C-class anyway. The bootlid having a 'hump' looks more BMW 6 series, and there's no double crease down the sides just below the door handles. I suppose the rear valance has a similar design, I'll give you that.

Judging by the bloke's shorts, it seems the weather in Toronto has improved, last thing I heard a couple of weeks ago from friends there it was awful.....

Last edited:
Looks like a cross between a Toyota Avensis and Honda Accord, but with typically Hyundai tail lamps.

Are you suggesting that Toyota or Honda should make a complaint...and get laughed out of court...?

OK, was just saying...I realise it was not an exact replica of a C Class, but on first sight I thought it was one with some kind of kit on.

Yes, weather dramatically different from the floods last week - 34c and very humid everyday

They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . I thought it was going to be a Ssangyong , until I saw the Hyundai badge on the bootlid .

However , when makers design cars with the same parameters put in , the computers will come up with the same answers .

Remember when the first hatchbacks hit the roads in the 1970's - lots of people couldn't tell the original Polo from the original Fiesta , and there were one or two other lookalikes .

Apple suing Samsung has become a history....

Same thing should be done by Continental car companies against these Koreans !!! Koreans copying others is not alone in this industry.... Its everywhere in others also.. automibiles, electronics, textile etc...

To be accurate many of the Korean cars are made in Europe nowadays Hyundai and KIA in the adjacent ex communist block countries Slovakia and the Czech Republic. That Toronto Hyundai would have been made in a factory in North America. Many of the recent Hyundai designs were created by top ex AUDI designer Peter Schreyer. Peter Schreyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia So to say the Koreans are copying European designs is perhaps wide of the mark. It's really a bit more of " why didn't we think of that" :doh: now surely.;)

Peter Schreyer was responsible for the design of the Audi TT, imo a modern design classic, and has said in an interview that he can't wait to get his hands on Hyundai design - I'm pretty sure that he gets free reign on this.

Watch this space.....................

i can remember seeing an advert on turkish tv last year for a hyundai that was designed to look like an S class - looked very nice tbh

Schreyer does Kia car design, Hyundai hopefully to follow.

I do wish Mercedes would poach him. Each time I look at a new Kia design I think how good it looks. Then I get over-taken by waves of self-disgust that I should think so because fancying a Kia should be a socially undesirable thing, like shagging sheep or dead people.

Confused of Wales

Last edited:
Not quite the same but a good looking car never the less, I wonder if it rusts :D

The issue is confused by Mercedes using Korean/ Far East designers for their new cars. You can see Hubert Lee's influence in many of today's MB's Lots of oriental architectural influence in the new model shapes. So the Koreans going European and Mercedes going Oriental perhaps.
Here's a vid of Hubert -ironically with the KIA display stand in the background.
[YOUTUBE]3krSDIn2m9I[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom