C class coupe 220d c205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alexf

Car
C CLASS COUPE
Hi chaps.

I decided to visit the mercedes garage again to admire the car i'm Eagerly awaiting delivery of (48 days to go​).

While looking around I noticed there's a subtle difference with the grill. Some have the mercedes star as an actual chrome element and some as a flat 3d graphic set behind a bit of plastic.

Does anybody know what criteria defines which grill you get?

Grill 1
2017_mercedes-benz_c-class_coupe_141_2560x1440.jpg

Grill 2
fahrzeugveredelung-mercedes-benz-c-klasse-w205-ext-14071-xl.jpg

driving assistance package

Yeah it's got all the radar bits in it and the dealer told me if you crack it, it's 5 grand to fix [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's got all the radar bits in it and the dealer told me if you crack it, it's 5 grand to fix [emoji23]

That's not true, there's a cover on the outside that can be swapped

Thanks! Wonder why they told me that???? Good to know!

Thanks! Wonder why they told me that???? Good to know!

I'm not sure! My mum just rammed her GLC into something and I'm definite it wasn't anywhere near 5k

I don't know if the coupe has had the change but I've noticed that "C" class saloons no longer have the lower half of the rear valance painted in the body colour , shame really as it looks really good on the lighter colours , especially white.

I don't know if the coupe has had the change but I've noticed that "C" class saloons no longer have the lower half of the rear valance painted in the body colour , shame really as it looks really good on the lighter colours , especially white.
Are you sure it's all saloons? My C205 coupé has the Night Package which gives it the gloss black diffuser instead of the body-coloured one.

Which cars get the grill with the silvery chunks at the intersections? And how should one refer to them?

driving assistance package

I bodged up this thread a bit, I was suppose to put grill in the title. Also include this image, I cant seem to be able to edit my first post though. Oh well..

2017_mercedes-benz_c-class_coupe_141_1600x1200.jpg

This grill looks so much nicer in my opinion, glad I didn't get the driver assistance package now..

I wonder if you add the 360 camera if that puts that grill back on..

Last edited:
Are you sure it's all saloons? My C205 coupé has the Night Package which gives it the gloss black diffuser instead of the body-coloured one.

Your right, had another look , the night package diffuser is gloss black and not body colour.

I bodged up this thread a bit, I was suppose to put grill in the title. Also include this image, I cant seem to be able to edit my first post though. Oh well..

2017_mercedes-benz_c-class_coupe_141_1600x1200.jpg

This grill looks so much nicer in my opinion, glad I didn't get the driver assistance package now..

I wonder if you add the 360 camera if that puts that grill back on..

It wont. It just puts a camera above the large MB logo and under the door mirrors

As above, the camera just goes above the large circle just under the white bit in front of the bonnet.

Grill 2 = Driver Assistance Pack (Distronic etc)
Grill 1 = Standard Cruise

Had a loan of a Grill 1 style whilst mine was in for service yesterday .. I was sooooo glad to get back into mine with distronic. I have become a very lazy driver. hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom