C Class Coupe ATF + Filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350_Coupe

Car
2005 C350 Coupe SE
ok, Car's done about 67k miles. C350 Coupe and it's due a service in a couple fo thousand miles, which is already paid for in full through a Merc deal on 2 services.

I know from reading here, that although MB say it's not needed, it's highly recommended to get the ATF drained and replaced, and a new filter fitted to help the life span of the box,

So, quick simple question(s)

I understand it's possible to swap out the ATF fluid in the box and the Torque converter, and possibly only the box on it's own ?
I assume best to do both ?

And the filter, I assume would be an automatic replacement ? or would i need to promp them on it.

Need to make sure that i convay the correct info when i book it in, so simply ask for ATF change in Box and Torque Converter ? .. and filter change

Last edited:
ok, dunno if the other is as needed ?

also hearing the same about the rear diff

ok, all done, got it sorted the other day down at PCS :)

Excellent service as always, had the gearbox fluid and filter changed (apparently it should be done every 37500 miles !!) as well as the rear diff oil changed.

Olly said they were both pretty grubby, so i'm glad i had it done, MB were a little unconvincing when i asked them about it, got the impression that had i not asked then they would never have said anything about it, which is odd given what thye charge for jobs, so not pushing something seems odd.

Anyway, another happy experience at PCS, cheers Olly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom