C Class Coupe - CL203 - What to look for

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mirras, Oct 20, 2011.

1. mirras

mirras Active Member

Car:
    Range Rover TDV8
    In a bid to move my kids into something halfway decent, I've put their Fiesta up for sale and am looking at a few options to replace it.
    The criteria are;

Decent MPG, looks nice, automatic, resonable insurance and most of all safe.

I have looked at the 2008 Astra, Freelander TD4 and C220/200 CDI coupe (CL203).

What do I need to look out for on a late 2004/2005 facelift model? I've driven a couple and they feel fine, I spotted the speaker grilles get broken easily... what else do I need to look for ?

Thanks...

2. Chrishazle

Chrishazle MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
    Rear wheel drive, automatic, MB - in Ayreshire??? Have you not read the threads on here and t'other side about MB's needing winter tyres as soon as the first frost hits - or they go nowhere! Even as far south as I am, lest winter has persuaded me to invest in a set of winter wheels and tyres for this winter! My S203 was parked up for days last winter, could not get off the driveway and 300 yards to the cleared road.

3. OP
    OP
    mirras

mirras Active Member

Car:
    Range Rover TDV8
    I know but I've driven RWD around here for the past 12 years and only ever had problems with the 3 series BMW, even my SL managed ok last couple of years. There's always plenty of salt around here, if it was really bad we have a FWD car that could be used :thumb:

4. BlackC55

BlackC55 Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Horndean, Portsmouth, Hampshire, Southsea
    Car:
    C43 AMG with a 55 engine and supercharger, E55 AMG, S500, etc
    The late model 203's are excellent. We rarely have to do any repairs to them.

1 person likes this.
Tags: