C Class Coupe Depreciation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan96

Car
A Class
Hi,

I have seen a 2016 used C Class Coupe Prem Plus for £27k. If I finance it I will be paying £29k. If I'm looking to sell in 3 years what do you think the depreciation will be? It has 13k miles on the clock.

Thanks

How many miles will you add in 3 years?

Is it petrol or deseael?

I’ll guess at value of £8-10k, so c£20k deprecation

I'll probably do 20k miles in that time. It's a petrol, purely because of this damn ULEZ tax in London coming into effect.

With low mileage I would say £12k so mote like £17k depreciation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Big depreciation there, would leasing be seen as the better option then?

Ouch

I presume that the purchase price is good and not over the top as that is a LOT off a low (well spec'd) miler?

@fabes Yeah that is a lot more than expected. Purchase price is £27,000 as the car is 2 years old.

I’m thinking of going down the route of leasing now as even that would work out cheaper.

A quick look on Autotrader suggests to me that £27k is a lot for 2016 C-Class Coupe unless it's a C43, in which case it's too cheap...
A 2013 Coupe can be had for £10-11k, so I'd expect a '16 car to be similar in three years time.

And by the way a EU6 diesel is allowed in ULEZ.

Last edited:
But at 20k miles over 3 years a diesel wouldn't be the best choice anyway really.

Don't, understand the hang up, about depreciation, surely you get a car because that's the car you want, very, very few cars don't depreciate, some lose more than others granted, personally if i had been worried about losing money on the cars I've had, I would never have got the cars I really wanted and have enjoyed, particularly if like me , you like tinkering with them as well, and no I ain't got a lot of money either, never have had, but if i want it and can afford it I'll get it.

£27k sounds like a lot, I think around £23/24k would be more reasonable. If it's on the Mercedes used site then you can often see a finance calculator, if you put your figures in then it will give you a GFV which would be a good indicator of what MB think it will be worth. I'd say probably £12k max.

Your price to buy is way high, as Thrash has indicated above. I'd be looking for another deal to be honest.

Over three years look at losing 50% and you won't be far out with that.

Look at buying a 4yo car.

Significantly cheaper and the depreciation won’t be as much in £££

You will still have a great car.

As others said, your buying price will be high, which explains why the depreciation will be high.

I am guessing that the price new was ca £36K? As a rule of thumb, you can expect a car with a good second hand market to depreciate by 50% after 3 years.

As a rule of thumb, you can expect a car with a good second hand market to depreciate by 50% after 3 years.

Which is a good time to buy it.

The amount of depreciation being suggested above is eye watering by my standards. Buying when a car has already lost half it's value saves a huge amount with thousands to spare for any repairs that might be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom