C class crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Evening all

I had a call from my parents on Sunday, who had been involved in an accident. They have a 2009 ish C class. A VW tourag had turned right. He was hidden from them by a campervan waiting for lights, and I suspect he did not see them also because of the campervan. They T-boned the car at 50 mph.

The car help up really well, and while it's never going to see the road again, my parents escaped with bruising (considerable bruising and associated pain in my mother's case) and general stiffness only.

The other car's driver (a large Irish bloke) decamped when he realised that there were plenty of witnesses and attempting to blame my parents is a non-starter. The car is insured which is hopefully a good sign...

IMG_0626 (1) by David Powell, on Flickr

Hope your parents make a full and speedy recovery.

Glad to see that the car did well at protecting the occupants.

The other car's driver (a large Irish bloke) decamped when he realised that there were plenty of witnesses and attempting to blame my parents is a non-starter. The car is insured which is hopefully a good sign...
I suspect the tax having expired at the beginning of February may also be a contributing factor in him doing a bunk. He will not be popular with his insurance company.

Hope your parents getting well.

Did they drive a C63?
Looks like an AMG.

Did they drive a C63?
Looks like an AMG.
Looks like an AMG line or sport or something, the front bumper is different and the bonnet doesn't have the C63 bulge

To the OP, glad your parents are Ok, don't be surprised if it turns out to be on cloned plates, makes no sense to do a runner if it's registered in your name, unless he was pissed....

Did they drive a C63?
Looks like an AMG.
No. I'm not even sure what it was. They had only had it a couple of weeks and when I went to recover their dog, it was the first time I had seen it.
Looks like an AMG line or sport or something, the front bumper is different and the bonnet doesn't have the C63 bulge

To the OP, glad your parents are Ok, don't be surprised if it turns out to be on cloned plates, makes no sense to do a runner if it's registered in your name, unless he was pissed....
You will not be surprised to hear the police were there. I'm sure they checked. They were great actually - even helped load my car up with my parent's belongings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom