C Class door handle LEDs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

effy37

Car
C63s saloon
Well guys after buying the replacement LEDs for my door handles a few weeks back I decided today was the day.

It took me nearly 8 hours to replace all four LEDs, I did find a couple of videos on YT but couldn’t find any on the W205 C63

The first door was the longest, as I hadn’t done this before, on the 2nd door I ended up removing the glass, once this was out of the way it was easier, no wonder Mercedes were quoting me nearly £600 If anyone wants there’s replaced and doesn’t feel confident, I’ll be happy to assist if someone wants to come round, I know these jobs can be daunting, I’m just waiting for darkness to try them out

A mate of mine did one of his, said it was a PITA of a job. The one in on the driver‘s door on ours is intermittent, but I can’t be bothered to fix it to be honest.

Taking the glass out and 8 hours for all 4 doors seems like you have had a hard job.
the last time I replace one of my rears it was 35 minutes from opening the garage door to closing up again all done. The job is a fiddle as the door card and inner black plastic skin needs to be removed.
I posted the process and pictures in replay to a post in 2019. Since fitting the revised LEDs the water ingress issue that plagued the early LEDs seems to be addressed by MB. I notice that the cost of the parts has steadily risen. From another £17 to around £24 now depending which MB dealer you use.
If you search for the following post you will find my account of how I tackled the job:

GLC exterior handle LED light colour​

A mate of mine did one of his, said it was a PITA of a job. The one in on the driver‘s door on ours is intermittent, but I can’t be bothered to fix it to be honest.
I wouldn't bother mate, it was a major PITA

I wouldn't bother mate, it was a major PITA

Hi effy37, Can't seem to message you privately hence the reply on this feed. I have noticed your number plate if you are interested in selling please let my know, best regards Rich

Hi effy37, Can't seem to message you privately hence the reply on this feed. I have noticed your number plate if you are interested in selling please let my know, best regards Rich
My plate is KP17YHY, you can buy it if you want😀 very close to effy37

Hello CCC7, yes coincidently 7 YHY is going up for sale very shortly as I have bought something else to go onto the car.....Wattsapp me 07572 036317
Or send pm to [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom