C class engine stalls and misfires using Biodiesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonyfrae

Car
C class
The fuel tank was almost empty and I put 2 gallons of biodiesel (C class 220 cdi 2003); the engine stalled, misfired and run rough. I have filled the tank up twoice since so there is no biodiesel left in the tank, but the car has not been able to recover. The biodiesel that I have used works very well on my E Class 220 cdi year:2000 without a problem for years. So why the biodiesel does not work on the C Class 220 cdi and why the car still runs rough even with normal diesel inside since then; does it need to be re-programmed?

Many thanks

Its not advisable to run a car on biofuel in cars with "common rail" which will be found in most cars made after 2001 as it cannot cope with the pressure. SOME cars with "common rail" can sometimes cope with it but many cannot. Its best to get it onto a diagnostic machine to find out what damage you have done. It could be injectors, seals or pump etc'.

Keith

I think it was Dieselman who did a good post on this a while back, essentially suggesting adding biodiesel to your tank in 5 percent increments, seeing how much your system can cope with.

But in all truth, CRD engines do not likey biodiesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom