C Class front seat storage bins....anyone removed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisbin

Car
I'm Back in a Benz: 2016 CLA45 S/Brake Previous: C250Cdi Est AMG Sport + Auto, E220Cdi SE Coupe.
Don't know if its just me, but I'm not a great fan of the storage bins attached to the leading edge of the front seats. I think they look a bit cheap and don't really offer much storage while being exposed to scuffing as I get in...

I would just as soon lose the one on the driver's side. Plan to have a look at what's involved this weekend so just wondered if anyone else has done this?

:thumb:

I agree, i'b be interested to know how you get on.

....well at least its not just me then!!!

I see on another forum they are popular as a place to store your handgun....must say that hadn't occurred to me......!!!

I see on another forum they are popular as a place to store your handgun....must say that hadn't occurred to me......!!!
Me neither, not when there is a perfectly good door pocket..........

My car dont have them so I assume they can be removed, then again I have C63 so the seats are already different, but still I think removing them should be possible. Just move the seat as high as possible to see how it is attached to the seatframe.

Well, I can report that its possible.....but not simple! 2 Hex screws (revealed when bin is open) enable removal of the actual bin....but that then leaves a nasty bracket on the front edge of the seat, which is riveted to the seat frame. So 4 rivets to sort out, then the bracket comes off and you are sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom