C Class Infotainment - how do I find this screen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GDG

Car
C63S Cabriolet
Any ideas how to access this screen shown in the attached pic? I have the same car (C63S - albeit the wagon) and have never seen an option to display anything other than Media, Nav, Radio, Car Settings etc Is this something bespoke to the cabriolet? Looks like rev/speed information. Not really needed - but intrigued that there might be parts of the command/infotainment system that I am not aware of.

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 89
Nope, it's in the vehicle settings. Something like "show vehicle data" or "engine data" or something like that

It's quite cool, shows bhp used and stuff :thumb:

We have it in the A250

I don't think so - no CarPlay connection on this system (again - that I am aware of) and I'm not sure it offers telematics anyhow?

Thanks - I've had a look in the menus and cant find anything like that. I may be just having a muppet moment but I don't think so. My sense is that there may be a software update that I am due? I would ask the dealer but they're notoriously useless (especially my local at Southampton). Anyone out there able to provide a 'click by click' instruction for me? Would be much appreciated. I hate missing out on anything the car offers! :D

Give me 20 mins and I'll go and have a look :thumb:

Ok, so first select "vehicle settings" using either the favourites button, or the main menu.

Then then "dynamic select"

Then "engine data"

:thumb:

It shows oil temp, bhp, torque and battery voltage.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 59
It's a completely different set of graphics in the C250d though.

Instead it shows steering input, brake and accelerator pedal position and like a 360° G meter.

In the pic I have my foot on the brake slightly and the steering off centre to show the display.

All data is displayed live and can be viewed when the vehicle is in motion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 56
OK - pretty sure this confirms my software needs updating. I'm not getting any options at all when in the 'dynamic select' section - I just get to choose between the various options for Engine, Gearbox, ESP etc.

Hmm, what year is your car?

I didn't have this option on my 2014 W204 if that helps

I seem to point everyone with any electronic issues towards Alfie at Comand, but drop him a pm and he'll probably be able to tell you when the software was updated, and if you can get the update.

You'll probs just have to give him your VIN.

If you want that screen really badly though, I guess I'd be willing to swap cars :thumb:

I'm all for doing fellow members a good turn! lol

You'd be taking one for the team there Dave! ;)

OK - pretty sure this confirms my software needs updating. I'm not getting any options at all when in the 'dynamic select' section - I just get to choose between the various options for Engine, Gearbox, ESP etc.

I'd definitely get the firmware on COMAND updated. Get the map done at the same time (under the 3 years free updated).

Now, some dealers don't like updating COMAND unless you have an issue, so you may have to say "The other day it just didn't come on, which happens very occasionally, so please can you update the firmware and then i'll see if it does it again"

R

Mmmm, don't have anything other than the I* customisation settings under that menu on the C350e. July 2016. build car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom