C class; mobile phone volume issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

my c class has Bluetooth and premium plus so has Burmeister.

My issue with phone conversations in the car is that it’s v difficult to hear what caller is saying at any speed on the motorway.

The volume can be increased but only to a certain level that still isn’t loud enough for me.

However, playing music is fine in terms of being able to increase the volume.

my c class has Bluetooth and premium plus so has Burmeister.

My issue with phone conversations in the car is that it’s v difficult to hear what caller is saying at any speed on the motorway.

The volume can be increased but only to a certain level that still isn’t loud enough for me.

However, playing music is fine in terms of being able to increase the volume.

Have you checked the volume setting on the phone? Different ones for the earpiece fir calls and for playing media??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the volume setting on the phone? Different ones for the earpiece fir calls and for playing media??
THIS

Your phones volume is independent to that of the car. When talking on the phone set it’s volume to max and that will stay that way for Bluetooth calls. Then set the cars volume as required.

press the volume up on the steering wheel whilst in conversation that will make the sound louder just like the sat nav when its talking to you.
That's how it works in my s205 anyway

Hang on; what I’m saying is the volume maxes out when pressing the steering wheel volume button. The max is just not loud enough.

press the volume up on the steering wheel whilst in conversation that will make the sound louder just like the sat nav when its talking to you.
That's how it works in my s205 anyway

Where is this in iPhone settings. Your saying there are different volume settings for the phone speaker and when it’s on Bluetooth?

Where is this in iPhone settings. Your saying there are different volume settings for the phone speaker and when it’s on Bluetooth?

I thought I remembered seeing different volume levels when playing music / media compared to the overall volume control and wondered if you had both of these at the same level? That was all.

I don’t have the same issue with my iPhone 7 and my C Class.

I also have the C class PremPlus with Burmester, but I suspect this would apply to any car's bluetooth setup.
On Android (no idea about iPhones), you set the maximum Bluetooth volume on the phone and the car's volume simply controls how much of that output you hear.

A good analogy is a garden hosepipe. The maximum flow of water is decided by the tap on the wall not the sprayer at the end.
When next on a call, use the volume buttons on your phone to increase the call volume to near-ish max and then use your car's volume control to set the volume to whatever suits you.

For something more techie, have a look at an app called 'Tasker', it allows you to automate processes like the above.
I've set it to automatically increase the Bluetooth music/media volume on my phone every time it connects to the car's bluetooth.
The app is a little confusing initially, but persevere, it's very useful once you get a handle on it.

Hope that helps.

Well I haven't got the Burmeister, just the normal SE cooking version. But the volume if turned fully up is way way too much.

Ok, thanks all; it’s sorted.

Couldn’t find vol control in phone settings. Changing phone volume had no effect.

However, changing the phone vol while actually being on a hands free call did the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom