C Class Multi Beam LED light headlamp condensation problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckj

Car
C200 AMG Line Premium Plus 2019
So happy to pick up a used facelift (2019) C Class from Mercedes!

The car is just over one year old and had only 26 miles (yes twenty-six) on the clock. So I guess the car has been sitting around not doing much outside being weathered.

I've noticed considerable condensation on both my multibeam LED headlamps. Is this normal?

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4388.jpeg

Hi... apparently according to the User Guide it is 'Totally normal & nothing to worry about'

Personally having just paid a substantial wedge for my 2019 C Class Coupe I'm a bit miffed mine are doing it - my 2016 C Class with boggo LED's never did it... but are a huge improvement

What has really boiled my pi55 more is the ILS system is deactivated when driving in Europe... of all the times when it's really important you have the most effective lighting it's when you're driving on the opposite side of the road - AUDI's Matrix not only automatically adapts to the Country, it also adapts to the throw without you having to do anything.

I did try contacting MBUK stating this was an important safety feature given how much they go on about it - this is a SIMPLE software update & was fobbed off by a hardware response saying it's not possible - I replied saying the cameras had to cover a 180 degree spread to accommodate bends in the road, the lights themselves were dynamic but then surprisingly all went quiet...

Mine do the same, 6 month old C43. Once they've been on for a bit it clears, it used to happen to my Focus ST as well.

So happy to pick up a used facelift (2019) C Class from Mercedes!

The car is just over one year old and had only 26 miles (yes twenty-six) on the clock. So I guess the car has been sitting around not doing much outside being weathered.

I've noticed considerable condensation on both my multibeam LED headlamps. Is this normal?

View attachment 93080

I had a similar issue with my SLc headlamps. mercedes told me they weren't sealed and that this allows moisture to evaporate when the headlamp heats up. Not sure LEDs get that warm though?

Paul

Good news! Mercedes replaced both headlight units.

Apparently, The heat coming from the headlamps will increase the pressure causing the seal to break. So they are not designed not to be sealed to allow ventilation.

However, in my scenario, there must be something fault causing excess amount of condensation to build up.

Good news! Mercedes replaced both headlight units.

Apparently, The heat coming from the headlamps will increase the pressure causing the seal to break. So they are not designed not to be sealed to allow ventilation.

However, in my scenario, there must be something fault causing excess amount of condensation to build up.
Hmmm interesting I best keep an eye on mine and take a list.in to them of bits that need looking into !!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I see similar thing on my 2019 C class with same lights. I too wondered if this was normal or not.

Hi... apparently according to the User Guide it is 'Totally normal & nothing to worry about'

Personally having just paid a substantial wedge for my 2019 C Class Coupe I'm a bit miffed mine are doing it - my 2016 C Class with boggo LED's never did it... but are a huge improvement

What has really boiled my pi55 more is the ILS system is deactivated when driving in Europe... of all the times when it's really important you have the most effective lighting it's when you're driving on the opposite side of the road - AUDI's Matrix not only automatically adapts to the Country, it also adapts to the throw without you having to do anything.

I did try contacting MBUK stating this was an important safety feature given how much they go on about it - this is a SIMPLE software update & was fobbed off by a hardware response saying it's not possible - I replied saying the cameras had to cover a 180 degree spread to accommodate bends in the road, the lights themselves were dynamic but then surprisingly all went quiet...

You need to go into your lighting settings and change over from left side to right side traffic. That should then allow them to work in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s normal for some fogging in the headlights, but water actually collecting in them isn’t normal

It’s normal for some fogging in the headlights, but water actually collecting in them isn’t normal

Yes, it was actually water droplets and on one of the photos, you can see a dripping down...

I had the pre-facelift model which had the occasion fogging issue but not to the same extent as water droplets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom