C-Class or E-Class coupe ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yamaman

Car
2007 SLK280 auto/ w207 E-Class 350 CDI Coupe
Hi ,
Haven't been on here for a while but having been impressed with my wife's 54 plate C200 Kompressor coupe that we have had for approx 8 months I've decided to change my current car (2002 BMW 330ci M-Sport coupe) for a Mercedes coupe BUT which coupe should I buy ???
I love the looks of both these coupes but am looking for something with similar performance to my BMW ! I'm looking at ones NOT more than 4 years old & am favouring the diesels at the moment ?
I'd be grateful on anyone's opinions as to both these cars (especially current owners)
Thanks in advance , looking forward to you're opinions

Mark

P.S hope this is on the right section

Hi ,
Haven't been on here for a while but having been impressed with my wife's 54 plate C200 Kompressor coupe that we have had for approx 8 months I've decided to change my current car (2002 BMW 330ci M-Sport coupe) for a Mercedes coupe BUT which coupe should I buy ???
I love the looks of both these coupes but am looking for something with similar performance to my BMW ! I'm looking at ones NOT more than 4 years old & am favouring the diesels at the moment ?
I'd be grateful on anyone's opinions as to both these cars (especially current owners)
Thanks in advance , looking forward to you're opinions

Mark

P.S hope this is on the right section

I found the C Coupe just too small. The E coupe is much nicer in my opinion; nice size for parking etc yet has all the nice bits from the E Class.

Hi !
Thanks for the reply !!.... That's most helpful , nice to have the opinion of an owner as I've had no experience of either of the newer versions of the C or E class .

The E coupe has more road presence. I found the first E class coupe dash slightly high compared to the C class. Both are nice to drive. I suggest a visit to your local dealer to compare examples side to side. You really don't know till you sit in one.

I recently bought a 2012 E350 CDI Coupe after toying with getting a C-class coupe. Main things that swung it for me is that I haven't seen as many around, it has a better road presence as has already been mentioned, plus the level of equipment you get as standard is greater compared to the C-class. Mine also has the optional Sport mode button that adjusts the suspension/throttle response, which I tend to leave on all the time :D. Only disappointment for me is that the dash is plasticky and not the nice kind like my previous Audi S3.

Think these pics do a good job of showing the C207's road presence:

Last edited:
Oh also if you're going for a diesel definitely go for the 350 CDI as the others will feel underpowered compared to your BMW. The torque is immense at low revs and there are a lot of tunes available if you do wish to go down that route which take HP to over the 300 mark (depending on the stock power).

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses & pics !!!..... You guys have definately swung me towards the E-Class at the moment especially as I have noticed there's been no response from C-Class owners !!!....... Makes me wonder why ?? Appreciate the help too !

Cheers

Mark

C-class coupe is not a bad car (especially as you can get the 350CDI engine too) just a bit small for me having driven my brother's one and also far too ubiquitous.

Though I'd take a C63 if offered :D

I tested both out and both amazing cars. E was just better all round for me refinement, interior, and looks much better but then it's more expensive. I'd go for the E but like the others say test drive them both to make up your own mind.

image-39812258.jpg

Loving the new E350!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom