C class pan roof blind question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UrbanM

Car
C220d AMG LINE Premium Plus
Funny but my panoramic roof stopped working about 6 weeks after the car was serviced which included lubricating the roof.
I took it to Mercedes as I have an independent warranty. They fixed it by installing a new mechanism. Total cost £2100. Yes yikes.
I had to pay £770 of that.
I noticed that when I closed the sunroof blind, there was a gap letting light through which wasn’t there before. Took the car back and they said they looked at their own C class cars and all have this gap.

Does your C Class pan roof blind leave a gap when closed?

thanks in advance

Funny but my panoramic roof stopped working about 6 weeks after the car was serviced which included lubricating the roof.
I took it to Mercedes as I have an independent warranty. They fixed it by installing a new mechanism. Total cost £2100. Yes yikes.
I noticed that when I closed the sunroof blind, there was a gap letting light through which wasn’t there before. Took the car back and they said they looked at their own C class cars and all have this gap.

thanks in advance
Yes there is a small gap on ours. Not really sure why there should be as it seems a bit untidy, though I didn’t notice it for quite a while.

Hi, I have a AClass 2016, when I go to open my sun roof, the back opens and then closes again, does this a few times, then opens and close ok, but the other day, I went to close it,and it opened up again, but not all the way, I was like oh fudge, so I flicked the switch until it closed, and I've not touched it again, the motor sounds fine, not titling when opening etc, I've googled, but I'm like pass!! Do you think it I reset it, (saw it on Google) that would work, or should I leave to mercedes to do a diagnostics on it?? Any advice please!! Thank you kat!!

I just went and checked my c class and its perfect, no little gaps anywhere.

thanks in advance
I have a 2012 c class with pano roof and there is definitely no gap in my blind,I'd go take a pic but it's dark and I'm in bed lol

Deffo no gap for me though pal

my c class premier plus sun roof has no gaps around the blind...it fits and looks perfect

Reactions: PAF
Don't let them mug you off take it back and get them to show you the other cars. How's the ones in the showroom, you can check them out yourself before you start jumping up and down. so let me just say this slowly, Two.....Thousand.......100 pounds... and it don't close properly, i would close it on his neck :wallbash: and them get him to fix it properly. Which MB garage was this?

No gaps around my e350 blind. Don't see why there would be.

Tell them when you go back you will put it on mb websites what a terrible job they have done and are waiting to put there response up about resolving it. I'm getting angry about this and its not my car. :mad:

Reactions: PAF
Try this i have just seen on youtube. i think your gap is at the front you can resynchronise it. press button to close the blind (one touch) when it gets to where it stops keep pressing the button one touch at a time, till it closes properly, then hold the button closed for 5 seconds and it should resynchronise it. Hopefully that will work.

Over 2k and it doesn’t shut correctly? Please please please have a word with yourself and ask yourself this question-why would a “premium”brand design a car that has a very nice sunroof blind that doesn’t close all the way and leave a gap?
I really hate it when folks get fobbed off by people they are paying to do a job to do for them

I think merc estate has the solution. Begs the question that a MB dealer charging 2K for a job cannot complete the hub correctly and reset the blind. Time after time on this form members say how to sort out sunroof and window settings following battery replacement. Premium product? The bean counters at the dealership want maximum revenue. Also calls into question the quality control in the workshop.

Hi, I have a AClass 2016, when I go to open my sun roof, the back opens and then closes again, does this a few times, then opens and close ok, but the other day, I went to close it,and it opened up again, but not all the way, I was like oh fudge, so I flicked the switch until it closed, and I've not touched it again, the motor sounds fine, not titling when opening etc, I've googled, but I'm like pass!! Do you think it I reset it, (saw it on Google) that would work, or should I leave to mercedes to do a diagnostics on it?? Any advice please!! Thank you kat!!
You could try a reset or take it to Mercedes. Following my issue I have lost a bit of faith in their ability to do a job properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom