"C" Class - Premium Plus , Electric Seats & Leather.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scooby_Doo, Jun 13, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

1. Scooby_Doo

Scooby_Doo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C250d 4matic
    I often have a quick look at what used cars are available on the MB website and although all the signs seem to show that most manufacturers have quite a lot of pre-reg and demo cars available there doesn't seem to be that many 2019 reg cars on the MB site. Premium Plus model is a rare car and one with electric seats are even rarer.
    I looked at the updated configurator for the "C" Class and it seems that there's been a price reduction of about £2000 for the 220 PP and leather is now standard (There seems to be an "AMG edition" only model) but electric memory seats , driver only, are still a £600 option. Are MB trying to dissuade buyers from having the full electric seats ?
    I'm not a fan of the fixed "pack" system for extras as you are forced to take quite a few options you might not want , I love a Pano Roof but it's only available with P Plus. I appreciate that it makes production easier for MB , and brings in more money, but I'd much prefer to pick and choose my own options.

2. c63chris

c63chris Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
    Premium Plus gives you electric seats for both driver and passenger by default at least it was when I ordered mine.

3. OP
    OP
    Scooby_Doo

Scooby_Doo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C250d 4matic
    It hasn't been part of the P Plus package since the 2018 facelift.

4. uumode

uumode Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
    I wouldn't bother with ex demo or pre-reg cars from normal MB retail dealers.
    If you want these type of prices I'd buy from fleet sales divisions of these dealers who sell online via Carwow.co.uk or Drivethedeal.com
    New car discounts to your chosen spec run at about 21% off list price. Factory lead times are about 4-5 months

Leather isn't included as standard, leather has always been a paid optional extra on C Class.
    Electric seats is also now an optional extra.

5. JBD

JBD Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C Class and ND MX5 Sport Recaro
    The change in packs, specifically memory seats and pan roof is actually down to the new WLTP/RDE2 emission testing. Cars are now tested at their true weight, including options.

As manufacturers are pushed to reduce average CO2, they’ve had to made heavy options like those optional in higher packages, which naturally brings down the average CO2 of vehicles manufactured.

From MY800 AMG Line Edition gets multibeam, leather and privacy at no extra cost. The additional premium and premium plus packs are cheaper because multibeam used to be part of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooby_Doo likes this.