C Class S204 Driver Door Height Adjustment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
Hello,

I have noticed increased wind noise on the driver door near the top. On further inspection the exterior rubber does not sit as tight against the chrome trim at the top of the door as the passenger door.

It almost looks like the whole door has dropped a mm or 2. Is it possible to adjust the height of the door?

Thanks
Mike

I had a similar problem when I first got my car, the door hadn’t dropped as such but the seal stood away from the closure position. I put the window down and tried bending the frame little by little, after a few attempts I got it to close and no more wind noise.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. How did you bend the top of the door frame in?

You should be able to adjust the position of the door, it can be a pain to do though. If you want to try this, I'd adjust the hinges attached to pillars on the car by slightly loosening the bolts, be sure to lightly mark around the hinges with a pencil, that way you'll have a reference point, and be able to return them to their original position. Good luck!

Sorry for the late response.......I put a 3 by 2 piece of wood to wedge the door open and then simply pushed the upper frame towards the car....little by little.......I should also say that since then I spoke to a bodywork expert and he confirmed that this is quite common and should close the seal surfaces.
Cheers.

Do it with the window open though!

Used that method often on the Mini's and Defenders, never tried it on the Merc though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom