C class saloon and coupe boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyM88

Car
Mercedes C350 Sport
Hi
Quick question... Are the c class saloon and coupe boot (w204) the same. The reason i want to know is i want a rear boot spoiler for my saloon and have found a coupe breaking woth one on

Thanks

Bump , i would also like to know if the boots are different on the w204 sedan and coupe facelifts , anybody? pretty much same position as this guy above

I don't think it's exactly the same guys, but worth waiting for a more definitive answer. I would like one for mine (c63 style lip) but will be getting one that specifically states that it's for a Saloon model :thumb:

I'm after a lip for my facelift C220, Found some on eBay but not sure if they'll fit my coupe.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks ash Swinders, I have rang Mercedes parts at Milton Keynes , Birmingham and London three different answers ,

The C Class W204 (facelift) boot lids are DEFFINATELY different. I have the 2 door Coupe version, a friend at work has the same year 4 door Saloon, we measured both boot lids and the Coupe version is slightly smaller in dimensions; i.e: in width and the front-to-back (in plan-view, as it were) measurement. Also, that chamfered/angled curved edge (where a lip-spoiler would fit) is also different from the Coupe to the Saloon version, the Coupe chamfered edge is approx 30mm to 35mm wide (depending where you measure it across it's length) and the Saloon chamfered edge is approx 20mm to 25mm.

Bottom line is the boot lids are not the same.

I have been looking for an aftermarket boot lid spoiler for a while, and it seems that unless you intend to go for a genuine Merc item, the chances of ordering one online that is of (at least) reasonable quality and it FITS properly are remote. There are dozens of them online but most have dubious descriptions, vague model/year fitment, and that typical 'almost-but-not-quite' set of pics that may, or may not be, applicable to one you are actually after. There are various types, after all. Checking out the reputation and customer service of various manufacturers online on various forums etc is also another kettle of fish, I think the phrase 'Minefield' was made for it ...... !

I asked one aftermarket manufacturer exactly which model/year/chassis type their spoiler was intended for, the answer I received was 'it fits all of them'.

If somebody could point me in the direction of a manufacturer that produces boot spoilers for a W204 Facelift Coupe that actually 'does what it says on the tin' I would be very grateful, either that or I could be putting a shed-full of cash towards MB for one.

:)

New ones are around the 500 mark from the dealer

JoeyM88 said:
New ones are around the 500 mark from the dealer

Bloody hell! Rather try my luck with an aftermarket one

Its a shame really, but like you guys I'm wary of taking a punt on an eBay one until I'm 100% certain. Anyone any good at paper mache? :p

Its a shame really, but like you guys I'm wary of taking a punt on an eBay one until I'm 100% certain. Anyone any good at paper mache? :p

Annoying, isn't it! (I may well take a chance and just order one at some point though, unless somebody comes up with a decent recommendation beforehand ....!)

StuartK on here I think mentioned his neighbour fitting one perfectly, might be worth getting a link to the one that was purchased

Great update gents, the spoilers are £288 primed with VAT, I asked in merc today , I have a w204 facelift c350 , they enter your reg and it shows the part you need and they order it, you'd need a coupe reg and saloon ref to compare the part numbers so i reckon paint would cost 60-80 quid.

Also spoke to a couple technicians I know who work for Mercedes , the factory fitted spoilers are attached to the boot like s**t to a blanket so are prone to being warped or damaged on removal , so I am also heading towards a new one when I have saved £350-370 is a lot for a bit of plastic

That does seem like a lot of money for such a small part. i'm going to wait for a bit but I'm thinking of taking the plunge on an unpainted eBay one and getting a friend of mine who works in an auto repair shop to do the painting for me.

when i decide to do this I'll post an update in this thread so maybe worth subscribing.

I now have one on order (not a genuine Merc one) and will see how it looks/fits soon. Ordered an un-painted one as I do not need that option.

Fingers crossed .... ! :)

I ended up finding a non genuine one on ebay won the auction for 20 and had it painted for 40. In all fairness it isnt bad for 60 but If you look closely its not quite sitting perfect but for 60 i cant argue. I would of probably paid 300 for one from merc but when i contacted them it was over 500

I still look every now and then on ebay for a genuine one though

Hi, what dealer did you contact that said it was 500? Mine was quoted this week and 288 then paint I will do elsewhere , I guess the carbon one could be 500

Nexman said:
Hi, what dealer did you contact that said it was 500? Mine was quoted this week and 288 then paint I will do elsewhere , I guess the carbon one could be 500

Mercedes in Birkdale/Southport. He gave be a price for the carbon one too of around 700. They may have come down in price it was a few months ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom