C-class servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonyze

Car
c-class
Hi,
As a retirement present I bought myself a c-class Merc two years ago. Its now 4 years old and I love it.
I'll probably hold onto this car for a long time, my Volvo was 25 years old when it passed away, and I can remember when we corresponded by snail mail for info with other owners in their club. So I expect I'll be login into this forum a lot.
I've DIY serviced all my previous cars for the last 45 years.
Now that I'm no longer tied to Merc dealer servicing, for the warranty to be valid, I will be servicing my car myself.
Problem is its too new to get Hynes Manual.
I have 2016 C220 D AMG Auto, Diesel Estate. [On V5 Type is 204K, not too sure if this is useful?] How do identify my engine and other parts?
It's due a B6 service in 14 days, so it says on the wee screen. [Don't know what that involves?]
I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to find info on servicing and where I can buy a repair and maintenance manual if it exists.
I'd also be grateful for any info on motor factors who sell EO Merc parts etc..
All the best,
Tonyze

Hi,
As a retirement present I bought myself a c-class Merc two years ago. Its now 4 years old and I love it.
I'll probably hold onto this car for a long time, my Volvo was 25 years old when it passed away, and I can remember when we corresponded by snail mail for info with other owners in their club. So I expect I'll be login into this forum a lot.
I've DIY serviced all my previous cars for the last 45 years.
Now that I'm no longer tied to Merc dealer servicing, for the warranty to be valid, I will be servicing my car myself.
Problem is its too new to get Hynes Manual.
I have 2016 C220 D AMG Auto, Diesel Estate. [On V5 Type is 204K, not too sure if this is useful?] How do identify my engine and other parts?
It's due a B6 service in 14 days, so it says on the wee screen. [Don't know what that involves?]
I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction to find info on servicing and where I can buy a repair and maintenance manual if it exists.
I'd also be grateful for any info on motor factors who sell EO Merc parts etc..
All the best,
Tonyze
The Mercedes Electronic Service Sheet (ESS) will give you an idea of the operations performed during a service, and you can change the mileage and registration date to work out when mileage/age dependent items will be due.

A 204K is, I presume, the last of the 204 series C-class. In a nutshell, basic MB servicing is every 12 months/15500 miles, whichever comes first.
Alternate between A and B services, with additional jobs according to age/mileage
A-service is oil/filter change
B-service is as A, plus pollen filter and brake fluid

In addition
Year 3 / 46500 miles lubricate pan roof (if fitted) (and every 3rd year)
Year 4 / 62000 miles air filter and fuel filter (& plugs for petrol) - and every 4th year
Every Year 5 / 77,500 miles , ATF change (you might need to check this as they have changed them over the years, not sure about the 9-speed, and prior to 7+ gearbox they were a one-off change at 3-years - and every 5th year etc.

The numbers after B for example indicate the 'additional' jobs but the above is basically the system

Of course, all services include extra checks etc. etc..

Your 2016 C220d Estate will be an S205 (the saloon is W205). Your VIN will start with WDD205.

When looking for parts it is worth nothing that your car is the pre-facelift model (there was a facelift in 2018).

Ignore the '204K' on the V5C, the DVLA are slow to catch-up.

You might also want to check and make a note of the infotainment system - it will be either Audio20 with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or COMAND Online NTG5*2 with built-in navigation on internal HDD - this info will be relevant if you are looking to update the maps.

....It's due a B6 service in 14 days, so it says on the wee screen. [Don't know what that involves?]....

The Mercedes Electronic Service Sheet (ESS) will give you an idea of the operations performed during a service, and you can change the mileage and registration date to work out when mileage/age dependent items will be due.

As above.

See also here:

Your 2016 C220d Estate will be an S205 (the saloon is W205). Your VIN will start with WDD205.

When looking for parts it is worth nothing that your car is the pre-facelift model (there was a facelift in 2018).

You might also want to check and make a note of the infotainment system - it will be either Audio20 with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or COMAND Online NTG5*2 with built-in navigation on internal HDD - this info will be relevant if you are looking to update the maps.
It probably (almost certainly) has 204k on the data plate. Mine does. The 'K' is for Kombi which is the German equivalent to estate car. The S in S205 is I think for station wagon, the American derivation of estate car.
IMG_0578.JPG

One you service it yourself, you can reset the Service Indicator warning here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom