C class spec headache

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Loosecannon

Car
C Class
Hello

I’m currently trying to spec a C300e on Mercedes website but wanted to ask people who have the facelifted car some questions.

Annoyingly, it appears the only way to get certain extras like wireless charging & ambient lighting is to equip the 3.5k night edition package. I just want the AMG line spec and don’t want huge black wheels, nor do I want to lose the diamond grille too (which looks black if you equip said package). Have I got that right?! Is there absolutely no ambient lighting on non night edition cars now?

Previously it appears there was the premium pack and premium plus pack where you could get features like the above without radically changing the whole look of the car but these seems to have disappeared!

Even Mercedes twitter account was confused. The C300e and de also seem to vary in ability. Some leasing sites offer one or the other.
Any advice greatly appreciated

I'm sorry to say that you are seeing first hand just how draconian, Mercedes-Benz UK is. They know best, they know what the British buyer wants regarding features and options. If you disagree with thern then tough!! Take it or leave it.

I cannot emphasis enough how the manufacturer is innocent they have the options, MB-UK tell them what models. features and options they want to import.

I know and understand how frustrating it is but it obviously works for their business plan and let’s face it, they’re hardly struggling to shift their cars.

I know and understand how frustrating it is but it obviously works for their business plan and let’s face it, they’re hardly struggling to shift their cars.
Totally agree with your point happy and yes, I am guessing that the majority of cars are sold to the businesses, car hire etc but that no doubt applies to Southern Ireland (A RHD country) that offers more features. It cannot be any hardship to offer these options. My 2004 E-class has the remote control garage door opening facility. This is still an option, BUT.... not in the UK??

Some folks talk about type approving these options but that is an argument that leaks as badly as syphilis :oops::oops: To get one option you need to buy a package, that is not down to type approval that is down to Mercedes Benz UK just being Mercedes-Benz UK :)

Totally agree with your point happy and yes, I am guessing that the majority of cars are sold to the businesses, car hire etc but that no doubt applies to Southern Ireland (A RHD country) that offers more features. It cannot be any hardship to offer these options. My 2004 E-class has the remote control garage door opening facility. This is still an option, BUT.... not in the UK??

Some folks talk about type approving these options but that is an argument that leaks as badly as syphilis :oops::oops: To get one option you need to buy a package, that is not down to type approval that is down to Mercedes Benz UK just being Mercedes-Benz UK :)
Great points also. I guess it’s odd that they structure the car builds differently in European countries.

I’ve always thought the Premium & Premium Plus packs are great value for money. A lot of kit for the price. However I can imagine it’s frustrating if you only want 1 or 2 of the items but can’t.

Great points also. I guess it’s odd that they structure the car builds differently in European countries.

I’ve always thought the Premium & Premium Plus packs are great value for money. A lot of kit for the price. However I can imagine it’s frustrating if you only want 1 or 2 of the items but can’t.
I think Europe, just like us, just like the USA and every other country, look at what Mercedes has to offer and then each country decides what they want.

Buying second-hand is indeed simpler, we look we like, we buy or we look, we don't like, we don't buy. Job done.

For the likes of me (my wife) We like the idea of that small convenient button on the interior mirror that you simply press to open up the security gates, open the garage door and turn on the outside lights if we have them. A great option that if we have never had, we would never miss. Our moving rear floor in the estate car is a great feature and again, probably a rare feature that is seldom seen.

Not sure about the op and there choice of vehicle but if we want an interior that is not black, then boy the choice of options is limited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom