C Class sport alloy wheel confusion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leedsmerc

I have 16" alloys, and want to upgrade to 17" Alshain. After looking at various websites , it appears that they recommend 17 x 7.5 for the front and 17 x8.5 for the back. I have seen other C class cars with just 17 x 7.5 wheels on. Does it matter if you ahve all round 17 x 7,7 or do you really need 17 x 7.5 on the fron and 17 x 8.5 on the back, may it affect cruise control etc.. if you don't ??????

No , doesnt affect it , because your going to change the tyre size.

7.5 all round are 225/45/17 tyres.

8.5 on the back are 245/40/17

Note the 40 and not 45 sidewall pm the wider rims and tyres.

leedsmerc said:
cheers ..so whats the benefit, if any , of having 17x 8.5 on the back?

the wider tyres on the drive wheels and they look cooler :)

ok .. so if i buy 17 x 7.5 for the front and 17 x 8.5 for the back, will they fit straight on or do I need any offsets????

leedsmerc said:
ok .. so if i buy 17 x 7.5 for the front and 17 x 8.5 for the back, will they fit straight on or do I need any offsets????
I don't know what you mean by "need any offsets" but the wider wheels should fit straight on if they are designed to be paired with the narrower front wheels. The face of the wheel shouldn't be any futher out from the arch, the extra width is towards the inside of the car.

i assume i'll be able to use the bolts that are currently on my car .. I have 16" alloys at moment ??

leedsmerc said:

Yes they will, I had one of these (Coupe) a little while ago with the Evolution sports pack and the Alshains came with it, 7.5 front and rear to start with but then I bought two 8.5's for the rears. The Evolution pack now includes the staggered set up.

They are on this little number now as you can just about see :D .

Portzy.

Last edited:
The wider rears are usually because that is the set up on AMG cars, but as stated above, look cool too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom