C Class Sport Pack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKEvo

Car
1972 300 SEL 6.3
Hi all,

Trying to decide on a new MB (work car) and can't make my mind up. Was thinking about C220 or C270 CDI - I need a diesel due to distance from work. Plain vanilla models just bore me silly. Does anyone out there have the Sport Pack option on their car? Impressions? Photo's? The MB promo stuff is too "advertisy" looking and can't get an idea of what the set-up looks like in reality. What I'd really like is a Sport Pack with Brabus Monoblocks on it. mmmm I don't suppose you can order one with Brabus wheels. hehe What do those babies cost anyway? £2-3K?

Cheers,
Neil

Neil,

Having bought a new C220 avantgarde, I would go for the 270, the thing is like a sports car in performance.
I don't know about a sports pack but I have the sports suspension with 225 five spoke alloys and sports seats with silverstone trim.
I average around 48-50 mpg on a run and generally don't hang around, mine is the manual 6 speed.

Dave

I have just tested a C270Cdi Avantgarde with the sports pack, and have just placed my order. The wheels look fantastic and the ride - although a bit not quite as cushioning as the standard suspension/wheels/tyres - is still pretty good considering. The C270 is by far the smoother engine over the C220 (my current company car) and is deceptively quick. The one comment I would have is that my fuel consumption was around 10 MPG less than the C220, but this could be due to both the larger engine and those sticky fat tyres.

I had a C200 for the day on friday with the sports pack and from the outside I really liked it. It also had Xenons so had the clear headlights which helped finish it off.

I wasn't so sure of the pattern on the seats inside though, or the steering wheel.

I looked at a sport pack on a c class estate before buying the clk. I have the same wheels as factory extra's on the clk, and the sports suspension. I was a little wary as Mercedes sports suspension of old was very uncompromising.

On the sport packs it only lowers the car 10-15mm and whilst the dampers are uprated they don't seem to make much difference to the ride quality. The sports seats are more comfortable over long distances (my father has them in his C270) than the std c class chairs. The interior trim bits are a matter of personal taste - remember the steering wheel is a c class coupe part, and the pedals are only £21 to buy from the parts counter. The gearknob is hardly startling and is probably also available for <£50 from parts.

The only other part of the pack is the uprated brakes, which certainly look the part.

As long as you not tempted to change the wheels then the pack obviously saves you money.

By the way I was offered 9% discount for any C class back in May time, so with the facelift due ealry next year good deals are available. A work colleague just traded his 2 year old passat for a C180, and got £2k more part ex at MB than at Vw against another passat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom