C Class Stereo system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Akadan777

Car
C Class estate
Just purchased a 66 plate C class estate and the sound system is really quite. Is it common knowlege that these are extremely quite as standard? And im just wondering what like for like upgrades people are reccomending? Thanka88DB999E-B1E0-4981-99AF-3C114C824D25.jpeg

Does your car have the standard MB Audio System (Black speakers in the doors) or the Burmester System (silver speakers). Have you tried changing the equaliser settings in the radio options menu? I've had vehicles with both systems, I would consider neither to be quiet as standard.

Hi, pretty sure its standard heres a photo, not at my car now but i had a little play i found a boost thing on the settings but that just distorted it. Ill check equalisers later18CA2557-4E35-42D0-9C6F-2A785168C2AA.jpeg

If you had Burmester you would have silver grilles instead of black as stated above.

Given you say turning it up causes it to distort, I doubt it has been given any aftermarket treatment.

I doubt it is quiet per se but rather your perception and expectations are perhaps different to someone's who doesn't care about the in car audio.

The system can be upgraded all the way from replacement speakers right up to amps and component setups.

Depends if you can/would do any of it yourself and your budget.

If you had Burmester you would have silver grilles instead of black as stated above.

Given you say turning it up causes it to distort, I doubt it has been given any aftermarket treatment.

I doubt it is quiet per se but rather your perception and expectations are perhaps different to someone's who doesn't care about the in car audio.

The system can be upgraded all the way from replacement speakers right up to amps and component setups.

Depends if you can/would do any of it yourself and your budget.
Yeah i was just saying to ky freibd people will have different perceptions of loud. I had a range rover evoque before the mercedes and thats got the meridan system and that was really good!

i like eveeyone else to be able to hear it when my windows down... im that kind of guy lol. I dont think its broke its just bot as loud as i like

i mean id be willing to spend 400-600 but im willing to do it myself

Yeah i was just saying to ky freibd people will have different perceptions of loud. I had a range rover evoque before the mercedes and thats got the meridan system and that was really good!

i like eveeyone else to be able to hear it when my windows down... im that kind of guy lol. I dont think its broke its just bot as loud as i like

i mean id be willing to spend 400-600 but im willing to do it myself

What about if THEY don't want to hear it?

What about if THEY don't want to hear it?
If your not going to be any use why even comment on my thread. I want a louder system as mine is quiet. I was just explaining my perception of quiet is probably louder than another persons

If your not going to be any use why even comment on my thread. I want a louder system as mine is quiet. I was just explaining my perception of quiet is probably louder than another persons

and other peoples perception of loud might be different to yours.....

"i like eveeyone else to be able to hear it when my windows down... im that kind of guy lol"

go into a sound/audio catagory on a car forum, ask how to get better sound... get comments like this. And you take time out your day to do it lol

why have you attempted to quote something i didn't actually post???

you asked for a louder sound.....not a better sound.....

I know what i said. The system
Is quiet... thought there would be useful people whi could advise on what upgrades are available

It was the headphone comment. Not sure what happened then. New to the forum.

Does your car have the standard MB Audio System (Black speakers in the doors) or the Burmester System (silver speakers). Have you tried changing the equaliser settings in the radio options menu? I've had vehicles with both systems, I would consider neither to be quiet as standard.
Your the only one thats gave a useful response, seems im getting hate for wanting to upgrade my stereo. compared to the range rover meridan system its very quiet with no bass at all. Would the Burmester be a noticable upgrade?

Deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom