C Class Stereo system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that might get you some better speakers but won't cover a new head unit, amp or sub..or dynamat.....to which you need to add install costs and possible recoding...
Ok so very pricey then. Is it possible to just replace the speakers withiut upgrading the rest? Or would this be completely pointless ? Iv found a second hand burmester kit on ebay for £500 but not sure uf these are much better?

Brilliant thanks John appreciate that response. Lot of info and fair bit of stuff i don’t really understand which has helped me come to the conclusion if i am going to do this ill pay someone i think! Lol

Iv found a burmester kit on ebay second hand for £500 but i not sure how much that would improve the sound and how bif of a job it is to change

Might be worth contacting these people, who many have used, are very well regarded and what they don't know about MB AV systems isnt worth noting

Audio Upgrade parts (commandonline.co.uk)

As a ball park figure, £580 gets you Morel Maximo Ultra 3way component sound upgrade kit inc Dynamat installed

Iv just got back in the car as i dont drive it much, i mean stationary its deffinatly not quiet. Just very little bass even with bass turned up to 10 i think thats what i want more of. And i dont want to stick a massive bassbox in the boot like im 18 again lol

Might be worth contacting these people, who many have used, are very well regarded and what they don't know about MB AV systems isnt worth noting

As a ball park figure, £580 gets you Morel Maximo Ultra 3way component sound upgrade kit inc Dynamat installed
Thanks mate ill givs them a shout now cheers

Reaction is because I get tired of people driving past (or even worse parked up) with their choice of music so loud that I have no option but to listen. Plus as a lot of it is heavy on the bass, that is all you hear. I'm sure they would dislike MY choice of music!

Are you playing through the AUX port? I seem to recall that volume used to be an issue on some systems. I'm sure someone will be along to comment on that as it was a little while ago

I turn it down when im stationary and driving slow through town, i do respect others. but i listen to drum and bass... drum and no bass doesnt work lol.

iv just got Into my car and stationary the radio is loud juat no bass at all really thats the issue i think. I listen through bluetooth. Think i was spoiled with the standard range rover system because that was very good. Think i just expected a bit better from a car that costs 38k new!

I turn it down when im stationary and driving slow through town, i do respect others. but i listen to drum and bass... drum and no bass doesnt work lol.

iv just got Into my car and stationary the radio is loud juat no bass at all really thats the issue i think. I listen through bluetooth. Think i was spoiled with the standard range rover system because that was very good. Think i just expected a bit better from a car that costs 38k new!
Glad to hear it - a lot are not as considerate! Love to know where they live so I could treat then to some Tchaikovsky 1812 lol

Try listening to a CD or USB source and see if it is the same, May be bluetooth that's the issue but others will comment

Glad to hear it - a lot are not as considerate! Love to know where they live so I could treat then to some Tchaikovsky 1812 lol

Try listening to a CD or USB source and see if it is the same, May be bluetooth that's the issue but others will comment
Ahh thanks will try that when i next go out

As above.

www.comandonline.co.uk replaced the standard speakers on my car with Morel speakers, added a flat subwoofer in the boot, dynamat insulation in the doors, and also retrofitted COMAND (instead of the Audio20 that the car came with) - the result is amazing, highly recommended :thumb:

As others have said. Comandonline are the guys to see. 👏

Enjoy your new car and welcome to the forum. Stick around. 👍

I have a standard Audio20 system and find it more than adequate in the Volume department, and that's from a guitarist with a 100Watt amp !

I have a standard Audio20 system and find it more than adequate in the Volume department, and that's from a guitarist with a 100Watt amp !
That's why I suggested it MAY be due to playing over bluetooth - thought I remembered something about volume being an issue? OP said he'd try a conventional source

Hi
The Low volume issue I believe was limited to the Aux connection, 3.5 Jack & the IPOD Interface which uses this Aux connection, and was solved by an inline pre amp booster (I think that's the name). I don't think this would be applicable to the O/P's car.

Hi
The Low volume issue I believe was limited to the Aux connection, 3.5 Jack & the IPOD Interface which uses this Aux connection, and was solved by an inline pre amp booster (I think that's the name). I don't think this would be applicable to the O/P's car.
Thanks. I knew there was something at some stage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom