• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C-class vs outgoing E-class purchase

Defo worth a try. You never know.

I must admit. Still can't stop thinking about a C. This thread is very teasing.

Question is can I allow my brain to loose the deposit I've paid on the E???

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :wallbash:

Ant. :D
Sorry not my intention mate! Tbh I don't think you can go wrong with either car. How much deposit did you put down?

Hey don't be sorry. Happy to read of your lovely C Class. Hehe.

Not telling you how much deposit to save embarrassment if I do end up cancelling. :eek:

That reminds me can anyone put a link up for a good GAP insurance.

Do you need to take out gap ins??? Does standard car insurance not cover this already for the 1st year, therefore all you need is cover post this time?? Although I know they say you should take it out within 90 days of purchasing the car?!?

I wouldn't cancel now you have paid the deposit! (although the choice of course is yours). The E is a beautiful car and 2 years will go by so quick.
The money you save you can put towards SLR next time :)

Tbh I was happy with my order UNTIL I got offered the C for £258 a month!!!

I like the exterior of the E but ADORE the interior of the C.

You're right of course. When the E turns up I'll love it. Never seen the AMG Night Edition up close. Just the neighbours 2012 E250 SE saloon. Pale blue with lots of chrome detailing.

I'm sure the Tenorite grey night edition will look smart.

Oh but the C interior. Yum yum.

Ya know? I annoy myself!!!

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need to take out gap ins??? Does standard car insurance not cover this already for the 1st year, therefore all you need is cover post this time?? Although I know they say you should take it out within 90 days of purchasing the car?!?

As far as I know I need GAP. However I'll chat to insurance about your comment.

Cheers Lennox. :thumb:

MB called me today and initially said they could not do extra discount for black artico with earlier delivery so I stuck to my original order - C200AMG line, premium auto with metallic paint and privacy glass.

However they later called to say they had made a mistake and you cannot get grey artico interior with AMG line cars (only black - have to pay extra for real leather to get the grey). I had noticed this when I configured the car online, and had mentioned this to dealer at time of placing order, but he seemed convinced that you could combine grey artico with AMG car. So it looks like I am stuck with black (I didn't want SE/Sport edition) but the car will arrive earlier.

I did notice on the new order sheet that it looks like the stock car they want to give me does not have privacy glass, but the dealer is adding it as a dealer fitted option. Will this look exactly the same as a factory ordered car with privacy glass? The reason I ask is because they are charging the same amount for it. Or am I better off just doing it myself?

Hi MoMo.

TBH I picked up on the Grey interior when you posted but I didn't want to say anything in case you just thought I was being bitter!!! lol

All AMG Line C's have black artico as standard along with black head lining. I does look classy. You'll get a little light through pano roof.

Good news you'll get car earlier too.

I'd let them do privacy glass. That way if it's not perfect you can reject it. £265 it's too bad.

When will you get it mate?

Ant.

Hi Happytalk73

Yes I thought that was the case regarding black artico/AMG line and mentioned to dealer several times, but I think he got a little confused. I would normally create a fuss but tbh I was prepared to order the car initially with black artico, and only decided to change when dealer suggested there was an option for grey.

Yes they're charging £265, so the same amount. According to my dealer, it will look identical. When you say reject it, do you mean to ask for money back if they don't do a good job?

Car is arriving in approximately 1 month - so end of March. Not long to go! On the plus side it means we don't need to MOT our part exchange anymore, so save a little money there too.

That's great news.

Yes. I'm sure the privacy glass with be identical but if it isn't, you just don't pay the £265.

End of March sound great fella. Bet you can't wait. Looking forward to seeing pics and a full report of your lovely new obsession.

Keep us posted mate.

Ant.

I did notice on the new order sheet that it looks like the stock car they want to give me does not have privacy glass, but the dealer is adding it as a dealer fitted option. Will this look exactly the same as a factory ordered car with privacy glass? The reason I ask is because they are charging the same amount for it. Or am I better off just doing it myself?
It will be an after market tint (factory fitted is actual tinted glass - can't be removed).

As others have said, make sure they use a decent product (ie. 3M) and do a good job. If done properly, it should look the same to the untrained eye.

Might be prudent to declare it to your insurer to be on the safe side.

If the privacy glass is important to you I would wait and have the proper glass, if it's not have the earlier car and use the £260 for something else. I wouldn't want the dealer fitted option especially when they want the same money for it, how can a roll of film cost as much as tinted glass?How many times can you put the rear windows down before the film gets marked?

Thanks for the advice guys. I wouldn't have known the privacy glass is different to the after film tint.

Tbh I am a little annoyed with my dealer. He has repeatedly told me the stock car is identical to the one I initially wanted to order. Even on the order form it says privacy glass under dealer fitted options. I am not sure if he is deliberately trying to deceive me.

I challenged him on it today and he mentioned it would be identical. I then asked whether it was tints and he said yes, and that even on a factory fitted c class it would be the same. I disputed this and asked why they were charging the same for the film, when he is not actually using privacy glass. He said he would look into it and get back to me.

I know it's a relatively small issue but it is making the whole process less pleasant that it should be!

I think "privacy glass" is being used as a generic (and possibly a posher\0 way of saying "tinted windows", and so the dealer is not really intending to deceive. However the only way they can retrofit tinted windows is with film.

I try to avoid privacy glass, however if I was to have it retrofitted I would only consider Pentagon Glass Limited: Vehicle glass protection and window tinting as although I have never used them personally, they were personally recommended by someone I trust.

I like that floor mats etc are black though as means its practical. Is the roof headlining black?

Roof lining is grey.

I picked up some ribbed carpet mats from fleabay (seems to be lots of barely used mats on there for some reason). AMG line includes mats mind you.

Roof lining is grey.

I picked up some ribbed carpet mats from fleabay (seems to be lots of barely used mats on there for some reason). AMG line includes mats mind you.

When people part-exchange their car, or return it following lease/PCP, many strip it of items which can be sold separately!

Whatever colour you order it'll look stunning. Happy for you mate as we wanted the C Class.

However. I'm sure we'll be delighted when our E turns up. That's in Tenorite Grey.

Real shame you can't opt for Brillant Blue on the saloon without going C63.

Look forward to the pics.

Ant.

I really don't get MB's thinking over this. Just got my C200 Sport Estate in Brilliant Blue. Darker than the name suggests, and looks really classy. The colour has attracted several complimentary comments.

As it seems to suit the C why don't they make it more generaly available on the saloon?

When people part-exchange their car, or return it following lease/PCP, many strip it of items which can be sold separately!
Indeed. Except the W205 is fairy new (less than 2 years so few returns I would have thought) and it seems to only be ribbed mats with relatively little wear. No AMG or velour mats for example.

Not a complaint - I got a pukka set for £35 (RRP £80). Just hard to explain!

As it seems to suit the C why don't they make it more generaly available on the saloon?

Nice colour. Good choice.

Might be because Saloons are assembled in SA and they can't/dont want to handle that colour.

Just a guess.

Enjoy the new wheels :)

I really don't get MB's thinking over this. Just got my C200 Sport Estate in Brilliant Blue. Darker than the name suggests, and looks really classy. The colour has attracted several complimentary comments.

I really don't know either. It is a shame. Love the colour.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom