C class w203 cd player quality replacement ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crash406

Car
C270 CDI AV ESTATE
Hi to all.

My cclass estate has a audio 10 cd player installed and i would like to upgrade this head unit so can have better sound , bluetooth and ipod connectivity.
Not to fussed about steering wheel controls.can any body recommend a head unit .Thanks in advance.

Wayne

If you are not bothered about the steering wheel controls then the world of ICE is your oyster.

My brother has just bought a nearly new double din Kenwood unit with Sat Nav, Bluetooth etc with the W203 surround adaptor for under £400.

Both these Alpine units should fit the bill well:

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

The only difference being the second has more button illumination options and better pre-out connectivity. Other than that you have got your bluetooth, ipod conection and improved sound quality.

Depending what year your W203 is you can even buy an addition kit to retiain the steering wheel controls:

CTSMC006 - 2000-2004 (Pre-Facelift)

Special order

CTSMC001 - 2004-2007 (Facelift)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8678.html

You would lastly need the correct according Alpine patch lead:

A fascia will also be required again depending on what year your W203 is.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help very informative .

Recently bought Alpine which maintains steering wheel controls, blue tooth , ipod , usb etc - £250 fitted.

Why not change the unit first and see if you are happy with the improved sound if not then you can look into upgrading the speakers too

Yes very true gurpz, is there any point in double din units unless am going to have navigation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom